Archived First Day working 12 a.m-8 a.m What do I expect throughout the shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear I just got the job and am start next week. What am expected to do in my first day there. Also it says my standard hours are 20 hours what does that mean?

Before anything else, if that username is your real name, I highly suggest you PM an admin to get your username changed. We all try to stay anonymous around here.

Did you apply for "logistics team member?" If so, you will be helping unload the truck and stocking the store. Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing. Your training will probably be pretty basic "this goes here because the label says that right there" and you'll just have to ask questions as you come across anything that wasn't yet covered.

I don't know what "it" is that says your stardard hours is 20. Could be the amount of hours they expect to be scheduling you each week after your training schedule.

Did you apply for "logistics team member?" If so, you will be helping unload the truck and stocking the store. Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing. Your training will probably be pretty basic "this goes here because the label says that right there" and you'll just have to ask questions as you come across anything that wasn't yet covered.

I don't know what "it" is that says your stardard hours is 20. Could be the amount of hours they expect to be scheduling you each week after your training schedule

The Position Acceptance Sheet lists me as Standard Hours at 20. Also I'm Flow Team

You're flow and start at midnight? We start at 10pm.

Your first day you will most likely be put on the line to help with truck unload. Someone will work beside you and explain things to you (hopefully they will). Ask questions! After that, you'll work with your team trainer on the floor stocking shelves. At my store you'd start in grocery aisle 1. The trainer should explain things to you as you do them, depending on your store's processes. You start at midnight, so maybe you'll be skipping truck unload? I don't know.

As SFS says...wear comfy shoes. Also...hydrate beforehand and stretch if you aren't used to a lot of physical exertion. The truck unload can get pretty physically demanding.

Seriously...pay attention to all of these shoe comments.

I was young and healthy when I started and by the end of my first month I could barely walk. Invested in som $200 boots and they changed my life. Even if you've never had foot issues there's a decent possibility you'll start having them. Do not skimp on footwear if you plan on working there for any length of time!

I didn't have foot issues...wore my Nike air cross trainer shoes. Within 5 days a blister on my toe got so big, it caused my nail to eventually fall off. (TMI, i know). My feet were *killing* me.

I picked up a pair of memory foam/relaxed fit Sketchers...and haven't had a foot issue since. $50 at my local Sketchers outlet. I needed wider shoes that gave flexibility in my toe and on the sides, and these all mesh Sketchers do that for me. So it depends on your feet too.

At my store every tm is listed as having 20 standard hours since we are all considered part time technically (hours are not guarenteed). For TLs they are guaranteed 32 hours so their standard hours is higher

Unload the truck and help push merchandise to the floor.

- Depending on your store and hours, dress accordingly to what you are told. Can't go wrong with red and khaki.
- SHOES SHOES SHOES wear comfortable shoes.
- You may want to bring some work gloves.
- Ask lots of questions but learn fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back