Archived First LOD shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new ETL and all of my business college was done on a PFresh store. I've only been at my new store for about a week and they already threw me out there for an opening LOD shift when I haven't even had a shadowing shift. This is a super Target so I'm a little intimidated. I believe I'll be okay but can you guys give me some tips and some key things to do in the morning when I open?

our store manager told us team leads that 90% of their lod shifts should be spent observing and educating team members on vibe and engaging, educating and selling and that 10% was task.

I don't work at a Super T but I work at a P-Fresh store. Don't forget to open the doors at 800am, guest will tear you a new one if they have to wait one minute past 8am (LOL). Partner up with you flow team or ELT-LOG if you have a truck that morning to make sure the floor is cleared before 800am of any pallets , extra carts, tubs, flats and trash. Check with overnight key carrier or ETL if there have been any call outs so when you see the operator you can tell them what needs to be covered if you have call outs. Don't forget to give GSA or GSTL the cash cart from the CO. Print out the daily grids and have a plan for what you arriving sales floor team will be working on (go-backs from last night, zoning A, etc). Once we open I do a walk around all the depts to ensure the team have a plan set out for the day and to see if they need help with anything. And you can't forget compliance binder and prepping for the morning huddle.
There is a other stuff I forget but I am in a rush :(

I am still not getting my LOD shifts right....

In my summer internship, my opportunity was being "too task orientated" (aka; helping team members too much) instead of "big picture minded."

Now during my extended internship (same store, new STL), my opportunity is "being too big picture minded" and while I'm visible on the floor, "I'm not task orientated enough."

Please, just decide what you want me to do already!.....

I am still not getting my LOD shifts right....

In my summer internship, my opportunity was being "too task orientated" (aka; helping team members too much) instead of "big picture minded."

Now during my extended internship (same store, new STL), my opportunity is "being too big picture minded" and while I'm visible on the floor, "I'm not task orientated enough."

Please, just decide what you want me to do already!.....

I feel the same way! I have days where I do really well following up with all the teams in the store and delegating things that need to be done and then days where I am too busy doing task type stuff (PTM/clearance/sales plans) or helping team members with their tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back