Archived First soft lines shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone so this Thursday I have my first softlines shift. I was wondering what I should expect since I've never done them. I'm a hardlines TM and I swapped shifts with someone not knowing it was a softlines shift. Ive done pretty much everything in my store minus softlines so just not familiar with it.

From past experiences the official 'title' of the shift isn't always correct unless it is a cashier shift or something like electronics. I've had a lot of consumables shifts before, but gone nowhere near market. Often when people put their shifts in the swap book (at least at my store) they just write 'sales floor' and don't mention hardlines or softline because it doesn't always match what you will actually be doing.
Is it a closing shift or during the day?

Depending on the time of day and coverage, you could be in shoes or infants, which both have aisles like hardlines.

If you're there during the day, you'll sort the fitting room, check the rooms every hour for abandons and put them away and push CAFs. If you close, you'll do all that + zone.

ASANTS. At my store our FR operates more like electronics, they manage the phone and re shop all day., and generally never stray too far from FR. Otherwise they generally set or fix adjacancies or zone / special projects during the day. Occasionally when really backed up on cafs they will do one or two, if any are in nearby areas (i.e infant hardlines). Night time soft lines (aside from FR) each get three to four areas to zone - fold everything and pick up everything. Literally just walk by it and make sure visually it looks clean when you leave -- you will do as well as our "worst tm" .... If you want to push for more success put things back where they go, color and size sort,,and finger space.

Oh and back up cashier. Always. ...

It's really not that hard. Just tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back