Archived First time Working "the line"

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have never worked what iv been told is "the line" what can i expect from it? And please note the store i work at is pretty small as well.

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to the Break Room.

I'm assuming you're talking about unloading the truck.
It depends on what part of the line you'll be working on but expect ...
Sore feet, back pain, real world tetris experience, being yelled at in Spanish, being yelled at in English, and unless you've worked construction or on a fishing boat probably putting in one of the longest days in the least number of hours you have ever done.

its only a 7:30am till 12 shift thats like a cakewalk shift

Last edited:
Assuming you're a 6AM store, it sounds like you'll come in just after the truck is finished unloading. In that case, you won't be on the line. Are you new to flow or to Target?

In general, the line refers to the roller conveyer belt. Unloaders in the truck will put freight on the belt and it comes down to a line of pallets that people will sort by department.

Also, some stores are now unloading trucks at 7:30am. If it's an especially low volume store, expect to be on the line while the truck is getting unloaded. If they want to be nice to you, they'll put you towards the back (or end) of the line so you can get accustomed to how the process works. If they don't, I suggest requesting to be. It can be intimidating at first, but you get the hang of it real quick.

You'll basically be in charge of three pallets that are for its respected departments. You'll see a sign hanging from the steel or ceiling that tells you which department number belongs to which pallet. All you do is check each box on the conveyor belt for your department numbers and if they don't belong to you, keep on pushing them down. Stack your boxes from the back of the pallet and going towards you. If you stack your boxes nicely, your pallet pullers will love you.

And if you're not working the truck, like what the guys said above, you'll just be working on pulls. Grab a tub, flat, or tier cart that has a green pull sign on it and start stocking. Good luck. :]

So it went really well , and asked them if i could join them the next time they do And hopefully they will let me.

it is i think we have the smallest store in our district.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back