Fitting room key

It was a Saturday closing shift and it was on and off busy. I took the fitting key to push out a couple of shirts. I did not sign out the key as I should’ve done, I had the key with me but at some point I thought I put it back. However, after clocking out I get a call from the TL. That’s when I realized I messed up and I told the TL the last I remember having the key was in receiving where the clothing was backstocked. She was able to find the key and so, I asked her if I was going to get fired but didn’t answer and just said she will talk to me tomorrow. I can’t sleep without overthinking because I already have a write up for my attendance. I was told any other lateness will lead to termination. Let alone a lost key in the building. As of right I’m assuming the worst and that’s getting fired.

Is a coaching the same thing as a write up? Would my current write up that hasn’t expired yet cause an interference?

Is a coaching the same thing as a write up? Would my current write up that hasn’t expired yet cause an interference?
No, couching is a talk. Write up is written and recorded. I don’t think you will get more than a talk because you were honest.

Back