Archived Fitting Room Operator (Opening Shift)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have an opening shift for FRO this weekend, and I have some questions.

When it comes to repackaging (specifically, when someone steals a pair of underwear or socks from a package and leaves the rest), what is the process to putting it on clearance using the mydevice?
How do I do DPCIs? Defects?

I trained one day when I first started (first week of training) but that was around two months ago and I've only done one FRO closing shift. I was a disaster...I had just started out and I didn't know how to sort the clothes etc on the Z-racks and what was kids/boys/girls etc.

Ours is not a Super Target. What do FROs usually do on an opening+mid-day shift? I think I might just do the go-backs, reshop, sorting and zoning (and answer calls+check Fitting Room) because I don't remember how we do the tickets/repackaging/defectives/print labels). :(

Last edited:
Hello! I have an opening shift for FRO this weekend, and I have some questions.

We don't repackage stuff when someone takes a pair of underwear or socks out of a pack; we send the item to guest services to be charged out. But if your store rewraps then, you need to type in the item's dept # in the mydevice ex. 017 for Mossimo Supply, then the mydevice should prompt you for the class # (next two digits in the dpci) and for the item's original price (rounded to the nearest whole number), then it should print an "as is" sticker (on the red clearance stickers). When you say "how do I do DPCIs?" are you asking how you make tags? Type in the item's dpci, then scan your printer. There will be an option that says "print ticket" or something like that, hit clearance sticker for clearance. for regular items, we choose "upc with price" instead. As for defects, guest services handles those at my store.

Reshop, sorting, zoning, answering phones, and checking fitting room is exactly what we do on an opening/mid shift. There are typically only two tms (one FRO and one salesfloor), sometimes three. The other two will do cafs, and reshop the areas furthest from the fitting room. My TL used to give us projects to do, but we have so many new folks and hours have been cut, so she hasn't been. But you can always check with your TL or LOD to see if there are any areas/projects they'd like you to focus on, such as the RTW clearance section for example.

At my store, we do all our own SIM (on the old PDAs this was the app we used, stands for Single Item Markdown, now known as rewrap or repackage, depending on store) and defectives. An alternative for what @Doglover89 said is to first ensure that you are connected to a portable printer with clearance tape loaded in it, scan the item with the myDevice, click on the item's name in blue, and scroll down to an option that should say Print Rewrap. This item will ONLY be clickable if you are connected to the hip printer! When you click on this, it will ask you how much the item should be, BUT it will give you a price precalculated. Don't change this price!! The device knows how much it should be discounted for. Click continue, and then print the sticker. If the item's barcode is on the front of product or it's a tag, make sure you put the sticker so that it is covering barcode; otherwise you are going to want to place the sticker on the front of the item and use a pen or sharpie to cross out the barcode. This allows the guest to clearly see that the item has been discounted and ensures that it will not ring up the original price by mistake at the registers.

With defectives you're going to need a PDA. First log in, and stay in the area with colored apps (don't go into RF Apps). Scroll down I believe it should be two arrows down to an app that says Defectives. From there you just follow the on screen instructions. It'll ask where you're doing the defectives and we always select "service desk" simply because" fitting room" isn't an option and we are still a desk. Then it'll ask you to scan the item, why it's defective, and you'll have the option to either accept what to do with it (salvage, toss, etc.) or change it (for example, if baby food is open and it comes up as salvage, I'll change it to toss because donating open food is gross). Then, make sure your printer is loaded with white stickers and print! Make sure the sticker is somewhere noticeable, and tape up the item if you have to.

If you are unsure of where things go in the fitting room, get with someone ASAP. This is something that every single person in softlines should know, as this is somewhere that everyone works with reshop and should know like the back of your hand.

To distinguish between girls/boys/infants: Infant sizes will be NB, 3M, 6M, 9M, 12M, 18M, 24M, 2T, 3T, 4T, and 5T. Girls and boys will be sizes 4-16. Some of the items look similar, especially some of the Cat & Jack pants. If you don't have a myDevice and there's not a price scanner nearby, always check the DPCI of the item; 076 will be boys, 032 will be girls.

A typical fitting room shift in my store goes something like this. The opening fitting room person will be there usually 8-4. If there are any unsorted carts leftover from the previous night, this is the first thing the FRO jumps into. If the fitting room doesn't have any unsorted but there's some reshop inside for RTW, accessories, or shoes (the closest things to my FR), they will bang this out. My store is fairly busy, so it doesn't take too long for the reshop both from guest trying clothes on and from guest service to pile up. Make sure you periodically check the fitting rooms for clothes and empty packages (though you should be checking guests to make sure they don't bring any non-clothing items in in the first place. It will be your responsibility to go between the FR and guest service to bring up outer world as well as bring back reshop. During the day, you would mostly be just sorting. Closing FRO comes in either 3-11:45 or 4-12. If there is an overlap, I will pull the morning FRO out for the last hour and have them continue to do reshop. The closing FRO will have the same basic responsibilities, with a few added. They are also responsible for completing the jewelry and accessories zone. Depending on how many team members I have and who is in RTW, I will have the FRO help with RTW clearance. They also must bring up the outer world at the end of the night and sort it, as well as bring up any empty packages and process them out at guest service. During both shifts, we only cover the phones if TSC goes on their 45 or if there is no one scheduled in HR that day.

When you are in the fitting room, PLEASE feel empowered to keep other team members from hanging out in there! I know it may be a little tricky to word it without sounding like you are trying to boss them around, but remember that when you are FRO, the fitting room is your work center and you have every right to keep them out.

Hope this helps! Any other questions feel free to ask!

Hahaha @Doglover89, if I didn't love my store dearly I would say absolutely :D Sometimes I pick my battles and let it slide, other times I'll literally just stand there until they go back to their zones, lol.

Lol. When I started, there was a computer at the FR desk. Total hangout area for every TL. It was ridiculous. First I removed the chair. When it kept reappearing, I got rid of the computer. Got rid of the crowds at the FR too :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back