Archived Five Walmart stores nationwide closing for "Chronic Plumbing Issues."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, closed up to six months for plumbing issues. Gee, where have I heard this before. A store needing extensive remodeling? I have to wonder if all 530 employees will be eligible to transfer &/or work at their store once it reopens.

Smells like the failed Target Union efforts.

Definite union busting. Walmart would have a total sewage overflow before they shut down. Our Walmarts here are so gross, but are always open for business. Hmm.

Holy shit.. The Wally down the road must be one of the 5.. I didn't know there were others.

Funny that a Walmart down the street from me had half the store closed off at times for almost 9 months for a remodel to make it a super. But the rest of the store still stayed open 24 hours a day during that time.

But they close 5 stores completely for plumbing issues.

Hmm, the city wasn't aware of any prior issues, huh?

o-DAILY-SHOW-facebook.jpg

The 530 employees were told they will continue to receive regular pay and benefits for 60 days. They also have the opportunity to transfer to another store.
Sooo two month paid vacation? Or at least a two month paid job hunt?

Sounds good to me!

One of the comments at the bottom of the article hit the nail on the head; there was union activity going on in those stores. Otherwise they would be getting permits for the renovations they talked about. The Walmart near us was open the entire time it underwent renovation so their excuse is bogus.
Every one of the employees at those five stores will be considered tainted because Uncle Wally WILL have a list & it's unlikely that any of those folks will ever get a job will Walmart again.

These stores must have been too much for HO to handle. Usually they will take over store-level management and try to bust the union down before it takes hold. The old joke was that they would land the plane right in the parking lot.

These stores must have been too much for HO to handle. Usually they will take over store-level management and try to bust the union down before it takes hold. The old joke was that they would land the plane right in the parking lot.
I read in one of the articles that it wasn't far off from that.

Corporate Walmart employees descended on all of the stores to deliver the news, notify the businesses that lease space inside the stores, and turn away any local officials and reporters.

This isn't the first time that this or something similar has happened. Supercenters used to have onsite meat cutters. A group of them organized. Now they either just have wrappers labeling or it comes pre-wrapped and labeled.

It's funny because they were so secretive about the closing there are actually conspiracy theories about it.
It's something called Operation Jade Helm and they are supposedly going to use those Walmarts as hubs for the distribution of supplies for the takeover of the US.
The Stupid is strong is them.

http://allnewspipeline.com/They_Are_Preparing_For_Something_Huge.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back