Archived Fixture Room : Fencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has a successful solution to managing their fencing. The vertical hanging works better than horizontal. But it needs to be better yet. I'm thinking shelving, up slanted to keep fencing low and maybe easier to organize. But it's also easier to just say fuck it and throw everything on one shelve.

So, how do you do it?

This is my fixture room now.

image.jpeg

You can put the longer ones on top by size and smaller on the bottom. Still easy access for both.

Ours are so overfilled! I was trying to put some away and they all kept falling all over me. Grrrrr...

I'm thinking of hanging the side fences vertically in rows (14", 18", 20" and 22", I also have a few 32" but not much) then adding 2 to 3 upslanted shelves for (3 foot and 4 foot front fencing). I may also add a shelf somewhere for my clear fencing, which is currently on a shelf in my fixture steel racks. I worry about having shelves though, they tend to attract laziness. But they would make storing a lot of long fencing easier. I think.

A year ago, when I spent a "fun" week in the fixture room sorting, cleaning, re-organizing and de-cluttering. I made the decision to move all low hung shelves above 5 feet. So, now all shelving starts at shoulder height. The space below, where this shelving was, I hung my magna bars and various other signing/fixture bars. The reasoning was simple. When the shelves were low, they attracted random fixtures and other ditritus. The flat, vacant space was a welcoming area to dump and go. So, I did away with it. It's cut down on clutter immensely.

I hope to have some time to get this mess sorted. It looks vacant now, but it's depleted right now. That's maybe 25% of my normal stock.
My other issue will be having a place to hang my C-Bars. I have so many C-Bars. It's crazy.

I can take a picture to make this make more sense, but I hung mine horizontally. I put the chrome crossbars into the standards (the ones you would use for furniture and bulky safety arms). Put a couple of the arms on (but it's a style I don't think is used anywhere anymore) and thread the fencing and dividers on those.

I'm sure I'll have to take a picture to make this make sense. But utilizing the standards instead of the peg board will allow you to have more fencing stored as the standards can support much more weight than the pegboard.

I can take a picture to make this make more sense, but I hung mine horizontally. I put the chrome crossbars into the standards (the ones you would use for furniture and bulky safety arms). Put a couple of the arms on (but it's a style I don't think is used anywhere anymore) and thread the fencing and dividers on those.

I'm sure I'll have to take a picture to make this make sense. But utilizing the standards instead of the peg board will allow you to have more fencing stored as the standards can support much more weight than the pegboard.

I'm sorta picturing it, but I'll need a photo. I'm liking the direction (mainly because I know it'll be a stronger support and it sounds better than using shelving). I have some extra black magna bars that I could also use to hang some of the shorter side fencing, and take the weight off the peg board.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised my peg board hasn't broken under the weight. Guess we've been lucky, so far.

Use the chrome bars that are on the Cheese/shower curtain liner planograms that take the single chrome hooks and put them in the standards. Use 2-3 single chrome pegs for each piece of fencing.

I would probably also take down that gondola endcap on the top where the fencing is unreachable, and put it to the left side of the one you have down low already. Not sure if that is an option though based on your space.

For 4ft fencing - the store will go thru phases where you need TONS on the floor, and then suddenly you dont need any of it. For example, for halloween candy and xmas candy. When xmas candy comes down (and resets to storage organization) I use some of the clear pallet shrink wrap and bunch it up into a rope/string and tie off sets of the 4ft fencing to store elsewhere. I usually tie of stacks of 7-10 pieces of fencing then break it out later as needed.

Storing the fencing on shelving sounds like a nightmare to me.

Use the chrome bars that are on the Cheese/shower curtain liner planograms that take the single chrome hooks and put them in the standards. Use 2-3 single chrome pegs for each piece of fencing.

I would probably also take down that gondola endcap on the top where the fencing is unreachable, and put it to the left side of the one you have down low already. Not sure if that is an option though based on your space.

For 4ft fencing - the store will go thru phases where you need TONS on the floor, and then suddenly you dont need any of it. For example, for halloween candy and xmas candy. When xmas candy comes down (and resets to storage organization) I use some of the clear pallet shrink wrap and bunch it up into a rope/string and tie off sets of the 4ft fencing to store elsewhere. I usually tie of stacks of 7-10 pieces of fencing then break it out later as needed.

Storing the fencing on shelving sounds like a nightmare to me.

I like that idea. I might try that after Xmas. Though, Valentine's and then Easter both use a lot. I'll have to see what it's like to wrap it up. If I can get my team on board it might go smoother.

If you put it shelves, you better just accept that people are just gonna dump shit in there. The point of wrapping/bunding is because most people can't accommodate the extra 100 pieces of 4ft fencing in the hanging area.

If you put it shelves, you better just accept that people are just gonna dump shit in there. The point of wrapping/bunding is because most people can't accommodate the extra 100 pieces of 4ft fencing in the hanging area.
Oh, I know the pains of open shelving. Said so in an above comment.

This shelving would likely be high. Maybe I'll so a combo of your idea and put it on shelving above my hanging supply. A bit of both worlds to keep things together.

We put ours in 4'x18" bins under our shelf wall. Our wire dividers are in plastic bins on our wall.

All the fencing would be a dump bonanza for the lazy in my store. Hanging is better and bundles for extra. People chuck signs and other stuff anywhere it will land.

Here is one way to do your fencing. This pic is at my store,
We had our fencing set up similarly, but sadly it doesn't stay that way. And I have no interest in reorganizing fencing every day it's hung up incorrectly. It does look nice when it works, and your photo is proof.

The vertical hanging simplifies the horizontal, but not by much. However, I don't have to reorganize as often (the photo I posted up top has untouched fencing hung by a lot of TMs over the past year. I set it once in Nov and haven't revised it since. So, I know it works) my issue is when it's over filled (after Easter and Xmas). I like @signing guy's bundling idea for excess between large candy sets.

I'm thinking of hanging the side fences vertically in rows (14", 18", 20" and 22", I also have a few 32" but not much) then adding 2 to 3 upslanted shelves for (3 foot and 4 foot front fencing). I may also add a shelf somewhere for my clear fencing, which is currently on a shelf in my fixture steel racks. I worry about having shelves though, they tend to attract laziness. But they would make storing a lot of long fencing easier. I think.

A year ago, when I spent a "fun" week in the fixture room sorting, cleaning, re-organizing and de-cluttering. I made the decision to move all low hung shelves above 5 feet. So, now all shelving starts at shoulder height. The space below, where this shelving was, I hung my magna bars and various other signing/fixture bars. The reasoning was simple. When the shelves were low, they attracted random fixtures and other ditritus. The flat, vacant space was a welcoming area to dump and go. So, I did away with it. It's cut down on clutter immensely.

I hope to have some time to get this mess sorted. It looks vacant now, but it's depleted right now. That's maybe 25% of my normal stock.
My other issue will be having a place to hang my C-Bars. I have so many C-Bars. It's crazy.
I know this is a tad old, but did you ever find a solution to your c bars? Are they the new or old? Cuz I have one. If you still need it.
We have our 3 & 4 ft fencing on lawn & garden pegs (in magna bars) that I copied from another store I visited. The clear fencing rotates willy nilly, and the divider I think they play horse with. Cuz it's in every bin, every size.
@Hardlinesmaster WHAT is holding that fencing up? It looks BEAUTIFUL @YourPPTL that is very very nice, it would never work at my romp a room :(

Thanks ...Most of the time it looks pretty good. We have a huge room. Our fixtures are also located. Just like the back room .

Do they pull when a POG batch is dropped? I always wanted to do this with my Fixture room but was never given the time to do it.

I know this is a tad old, but did you ever find a solution to your c bars? Are they the new or old? Cuz I have one. If you still need it.
We have our 3 & 4 ft fencing on lawn & garden pegs (in magna bars) that I copied from another store I visited. The clear fencing rotates willy nilly, and the divider I think they play horse with. Cuz it's in every bin, every size.
@Hardlinesmaster WHAT is holding that fencing up? It looks BEAUTIFUL @YourPPTL that is very very nice, it would never work at my romp a room :(
My signing person is awesome. I have to go look again. Because we have a boat load of fencing now. Not as neat, as it once was.

Terrible with actual names of fixtures but we use I want to say magbars the ones that have holes in them where you can pop in U bars into to hold up the fencing, the same stuff we use to hold up toilet seats. We slide the fencing onto those and hold them in place with a 3" peg. Pegboard just doesn't seem strong enough to hold up all the fencing we have. Labeled each U bar and is organized by length then height so that non-plano TM understand to put shit away properly.
Here some pics submitted by some signing ninjas.
Those C bars looks great! I'm going to co-opt that.

I really like the ideas here. I just took a fencing shower when I brushed against one...

That hurt. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back