Archived Flexing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinningchris

Electronics TM
Hey, I'm kinda new to Target (also 1st post whoop whoop) and I was wondering about flexing items in.

So first off, my store actually just recently opened a little over a month ago (hope that's not giving away too much info) and things are still being put into place. The store has been more or less shopping ready, but the entertainment and book section of our store is just a mess. I'm pretty sure half of the stuff we have up on the floor for those is flexed in, especially books. We're still getting shipments in for books and dvds, and a lot of time, we end up being unable to really put a lot of it out due to other factors, like the wrong fixtures for books (meaning POG item locations are screwed up) or stuff already being flexed into the spot for an item (and it would take forever to relocate everything properly since it causes a chain so it's easier short term to flex that into another spot), etc etc. What do?
Also, should locations be manually input using a mydevice when flexing items in? It makes sense to me just because then it's on the system that it's somewhere (even if it only says the section and not like shelf or item position) instead of just floating around in item purgatory.

Like I said, we're a brand new store. We often times get books and dvds that are "not sold here", not tied to a location, not even on file.

One more thing, what should be done about Halloween books that are still out? Should those be phased out to make space for stuff like the Christmas-y books or keep them out in some hope that they'll sell?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back