SFS pallet issue

Lately, my store has been having an issue when it comes to pallet labels printing out. When we print an id out we have a really hard time being able to scan packages into the label. I have never encountered this issue before. What causes this issue and how can it be fixed?

Lately, my store has been having an issue when it comes to pallet labels printing out. When we print an id out we have a really hard time being able to scan packages into the label. I have never encountered this issue before. What causes this issue and how can it be fixed?
If the pallet label itself is the problem, then: is the label, when it's printed out, either sort of blurred so the lines of the barcode aren't all clear, or is the barcode being cut-off? If so, it's most likely a printer problem and you would need to re-align or reset the printer.

If not, then there are times when the ship app just doesn't want to work very well and will freeze on you when you try to scan a package onto a pallet label. With that, there's not much you can do to my knowledge apart from to maybe try restarting your device as it could be a device issue.

The entire barcode prints out and it wasn’t blurry. Multiple team members are having the same issue with the ids printed out. Tomorrow I’ll mess around with the printer and hope to solve the issue.

You scan the packages into the pallet id to identify how many packages are on the pallet and also which packages if an issue were to come up. Yes all stores should be doing this as it’s part of the packing process.

The entire barcode prints out and it wasn’t blurry. Multiple team members are having the same issue with the ids printed out. Tomorrow I’ll mess around with the printer and hope to solve the issue.

You scan the packages into the pallet id to identify how many packages are on the pallet and also which packages if an issue were to come up. Yes all stores should be doing this as it’s part of the packing process.
Is there a specific printer that you're using that you don't typically use for packing? Could be a backlog of labels, meaning the one that is coming out isn't the most recent one you sent to print. I doubt it in your case, but always a possibility since I can't say I've ever had multiple TMs have that same problem at the same time.

No, we only have 1 printer which the store has had for a couple of years.
Have you asked your TL and/or ETL? I took like 5 minutes to think, and I still genuinely cannot think of how your pallet labels wouldn't be working when you're printing container labels just fine.

Had to call it in and getting a part replaced but the new zebras actually will work with the labels.

Unless you're a store with a SFS trailer, then yes I would sure say so. Don't know how else you would be sending your SFS pallets out.
We have a UPS / FedEx drivers who load their truck and leave the pallets leaning all over the place and blocking fire exits / loading docks.... No wonder we're the worst store in the company

We have a UPS / FedEx drivers who load their truck and leave the pallets leaning all over the place and blocking fire exits / loading docks.... No wonder we're the worst store in the company
Even if the driver loads their own truck, they still have to scan something that has information on what they have picked up. Also them leaving pallets in other places other than their trailer doesn't sound like they're loading SFS pallets, but I don't know your store so I could be wrong

Even if the driver loads their own truck, they still have to scan something that has information on what they have picked up. Also them leaving pallets in other places other than their trailer doesn't sound like they're loading SFS pallets, but I don't know your store so I could be wrong
They don't take the pallets. They take everything off of the pallets.... Trust me I've been picking this shit up every morning for the last 5 years

They don't take the pallets. They take everything off of the pallets.... Trust me I've been picking this shit up every morning for the last 5 years
Ah ok so you do have a SFS drop trailer - in that case your pallet label scanning process would be different, so it all makes sense now. I could never imagine having to load a trailer box-by-box instead of just loading our pallets in, sounds like it would suck.

Every year my old store had SFS drop trailers during 4th quarter before we moved to a sortation center picking up. We still had pallet ids and wouldn't clear them until that trailer was picked up, It didn't matter how the boxes were stacked so we would start off my bringing the pallets inside the trailers until there was no more room for pallets than we would start throwing boxes into the trailer. UPS would come and get the trailer every night.

I love that we ship our pallets to sortation center. It's very rare that pallets don't get picked up. Pickups are made on the actual holidays. During 4th quarter, BTC and when we do "Amazon " type promotion extra pickups are scheduled.

Back