Archived Flow Huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been the flow team lead for several months now and I still do not feel completely comfortable at huddles. What do you talk about in your morning huddles with the flow team? Do you use the vibe huddle form? Do you feel like your team is engaged in the huddle or are they just sitting there? I feel like I'm all over the place a little and I want to be able to convey a clear message to my team. Any advice would be appreciated!

at our huddle in the morning the first thing that we do is recognition... there should always be recognition at every huddle.... then we go into usually stuff we can improve on for the day.. then go over everything that we did good job on today today... then end it by going over sales and all that good stuff...

Here is what usually happens:
-Recognition
-Unload time (goal vs. actual)
-Push goal shared (and if they are on track or not)
-LOD usually jumps in with sales, guest survey, conversion, other important metrics
-Usally some plug for cartwheel, target mobile, what's on ad, big coupons
-TL's/ETL's will share whatever news they have going on for their areas
-Once it seems like the flow people are drifting off to sleep or getting bored the flow TL regains control of the huddle and talks about safety, what areas are next, and what to do once truck is pushed

Ours is usually recognition, where we are with truck and the goal and plan for the day, any important news we need to let know such as visits or special discounts anything else that's important.
A few times when payroll is awful it's a simple Ok payroll sucks back to work.

Ours usually goes like this:

-LOD goes over sales, metrics, etc
-Flow TL talks about al the truck stuff
-Logistics ETL basically repeats what the flow TL just said and throws in a stupid brand statement about vibe service
-GSA/GSTL and ETL-GE both preach about the importance of guest service, backup cashiering, and conversion and how it helps drive sales
-Other TL's summarize what's happening in their respective areas
-ETL HR and/or STL goes on to give a pep talk about how we should all be happy that we have jobs and have hours and we can keep those up by driving sales through our service.
-Recognition

It's basically turned into a time for all of our TL's and ETL's to "out-leadership" each other and assert authority over all of their peons

Ours usually goes like this:

-ETL HR and/or STL goes on to give a pep talk about how we should all be happy that we have jobs and have hours and we can keep those up by driving sales through our service.
s

THIS.

Our STL has starting about how RedCard+Cartwheel=Store remains open. I'm in a ULV-store and we have missed sales the last couple years.... There have always been rumors and concerns about the store closing, but the STL and ETL are starting to feed into those rumors. It's just done wonders for our store morale o_O

-GSA/GSTL and ETL-GE both preach about the importance of guest service, backup cashiering, and conversion and how it helps drive sales

your GSAs/GSTLs get to go to huddle? I don't think I've been to a single morning or evening huddle while scheduled up front except the one time they did smart huddle at guest services so they could push the heaping carts of go-backs.

your GSAs/GSTLs get to go to huddle? I don't think I've been to a single morning or evening huddle while scheduled up front except the one time they did smart huddle at guest services so they could push the heaping carts of go-backs.

Not always. It depends on the GSA and if we can escape the check lanes. Evening huddles are near the check lanes for us, so that isn't anything. I would try to make morning huddles when I was a GSA so there was some front-end presence, and make sure everybody has the REDcard drilled into the back of their minds. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back