Archived Flow moving to 6AM & wondering how it is gonna work

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sigma7 it took a good 6months to work out the kinks....today we took a 2565 and finished by 9 2212 went to the floor only around 350 blackline.

At my store it would probably take double the time to do a 1600 truck lol. Maybe you should write a unofficial guide for flow since you have all the kinks worked out.

Every store is unique fast unload is the key unload in under an hr by any means nessecary......my flow teamAre all friends so they work well together. Our unload area is small we don't use pallets all tubs n flats minus bulky stuff and blackline.... We talke break at 9 so we shoot to be done or near it. Usually we need to just finish repack merch n autofills. after break

Last edited:
We are just starting our 6am process and we are not using extra vehicles and carts. We work one pallet at a time.

I've said this all along but no one at my store listens. 10 tm's working 1 pallet at a time.... will get done a lot faster than 10 tm's working 10 pallets. Tm's can pick up the slack for slower workers and can motivate them to move a little faster. I wish the whole store could put about 10 to 15 tms in a group and go around the store and do 1 pallet at a time, including PFresh. If you had 10 tms pushing 1 pallet that 1 pallet would get don in about 10 mins., 6 pallets an hour, PFresh would be completed in two hours and then that team could move on to push hardlines.

This is the way to go wakeup BR-ETL and lets start doing this for the whole store !!

This is exactly how my old store continues to do their process and it works flawlessly. Divide the team into two waves, bowl out all the pallets first so all freight is 100% ready to push, three people on repacks, two people in softlines. Wave 1 starts in Dry Market. Wave 2 starts in HBA. Then they work through the next heaviest workload areas until all push is complete. Out by 5am, daily.

My new store is still on the old school way of doing things and continues to not be successful and rarely comes clean by the RWT goal time.

Re: POG team helping push Flow's freight. This would never happen in my store if we were a 6am store. Even as an O/N store we don't push Flow's freight unless we have a tiny POG workload. There just aren't enough hours/bodies/combo of the two to make that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back