Archived Flow moving to 6AM & wondering how it is gonna work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i said something at the store i work at that everyone is getting changed to 6am. I'm heard that they had to push up the shift sooner then they wanted to. Everyone was told on Feb 6 and since i wasnt working. I havn't been told yet. I'm just waiting for someone to say something to me. But i know its not gonna happen.

Back to the topic at hand. How is your store working with this new change.
1) Since HBA is always slamed with carts filled of stuff and your not working with a PDA. This would have to be done first.
2) Is price change and the planogram teams going to help stock from 6-8am.
3) The backroom is tiny. Where do you the pallets full of stuff. I'm guessing they will be staged on the floor and taken back to the backroom when the truck is done. Store was build around 2000. So it doesn't have that much room.
4) Did you rearrange the pallets on the line to make it more productive. Right now HBA is at the end.

Thats about all i got so far. And now time to ask why do people continue to damaged items and put them on the shelf. I was in on Monday. Had the week off and then was in on Saturday. Both days i had the cereal aisle. Why do they jam the box under the shelf brackets and damage the item. Put open box on the shelf. Put the wrong item in the wrong place. Side boxes on top of the row on the shelf. Please dont say that its the customer most of the time. We all know its not.

I just think its a bunch of bull that you have to fix an aisle just to stock it. It should be done right the first time.

When something gets said about a problem. Nothing gets done about it.

Since i said something at the store i work at that everyone is getting changed to 6am. I'm heard that they had to push up the shift sooner then they wanted to. Everyone was told on Feb 6 and since i wasnt working. I havn't been told yet. I'm just waiting for someone to say something to me. But i know its not gonna happen.

At my store we had 6 AM Flow for a very long time.

1) Since HBA is always slamed with carts filled of stuff and your not working with a PDA. This would have to be done first.

Not really if you have a good team. We split flow into three teams at first. Three groups works at HBA, Foods, and Softlines. When HBA is done. HBA Team moves to food. After food we move to Hardlines.

2) Is price change and the planogram teams going to help stock from 6-8am.

At my store. They help for about an hour then they start their work.

3) The backroom is tiny. Where do you the pallets full of stuff. I'm guessing they will be staged on the floor and taken back to the backroom when the truck is done. Store was build around 2000. So it doesn't have that much room.

Correct.

4) Did you rearrange the pallets on the line to make it more productive. Right now HBA is at the end.

Correct.

Thats about all i got so far. And now time to ask why do people continue to damaged items and put them on the shelf. I was in on Monday. Had the week off and then was in on Saturday. Both days i had the cereal aisle. Why do they jam the box under the shelf brackets and damage the item. Put open box on the shelf. Put the wrong item in the wrong place. Side boxes on top of the row on the shelf. Please dont say that its the customer most of the time. We all know its not.

I just think its a bunch of bull that you have to fix an aisle just to stock it. It should be done right the first time.

When something gets said about a problem. Nothing gets done about it.

They shouldn't put back on the shelf. We have a cart where we put damage product onto so we can give it out to the right people for processing. It's just team members being lazy.

Right now the backrroom line is when you walk in. I dont know if i have this right or if i missed anything, but its as close as i can remember.
1) Baby products
2) Water, candy [30]
3 ) Paper
4) [32]
5) repack [3]
6) [33]
7) Food [34]
8) chemical [35]
9) auto
10 pets
11) toys
12) HBA
All backstock is on the otehr side of the line.

I heard that the trucks are going to start coming in with everything on the right pallets. Can anyone confirm this change or does it stay the same.

They've ben saying that. Not sure if it will ever happen.

My store must have more flats than most, because that's what we use for the unload.

We are moving to 6am too. Since we are finally in a new fiscal year, we ordered more flats to help with the process since my TL (and me) doesn't believe in having pallets on the floor after open like Walmart.

expect your gstl to constantly call out for carts on the walkie when it starts getting busy because the front end will probably be pretty close to running out of carts all morning

I heard that the trucks are going to start coming in with everything on the right pallets. Can anyone confirm this change or does it stay the same.
This would make sense, but we inquired about this but the DC told us to pound sand. Not sure what's changed since then.

We are just starting our 6am process and we are not using extra vehicles and carts. We work one pallet at a time.

I've said this all along but no one at my store listens. 10 tm's working 1 pallet at a time.... will get done a lot faster than 10 tm's working 10 pallets. Tm's can pick up the slack for slower workers and can motivate them to move a little faster. I wish the whole store could put about 10 to 15 tms in a group and go around the store and do 1 pallet at a time, including PFresh. If you had 10 tms pushing 1 pallet that 1 pallet would get don in about 10 mins., 6 pallets an hour, PFresh would be completed in two hours and then that team could move on to push hardlines.

This is the way to go wakeup BR-ETL and lets start doing this for the whole store !!

That or you get about 7 people standing around talking while the other three work. At least with them split up, the ones who are slower won't distract the ones who might work if left to their own devices.

That or you get about 7 people standing around talking while the other three work. At least with them split up, the ones who are slower won't distract the ones who might work if left to their own devices.
This is why your TL should be leading the team when pushing as a group to set the speed and control the chaos. This is what we are doing and all the talking tms are coached by me on the spot so that they are working efficiently.

We are just starting our 6am process and we are not using extra vehicles and carts. We work one pallet at a time.

I've said this all along but no one at my store listens. 10 tm's working 1 pallet at a time.... will get done a lot faster than 10 tm's working 10 pallets. Tm's can pick up the slack for slower workers and can motivate them to move a little faster. I wish the whole store could put about 10 to 15 tms in a group and go around the store and do 1 pallet at a time, including PFresh. If you had 10 tms pushing 1 pallet that 1 pallet would get don in about 10 mins., 6 pallets an hour, PFresh would be completed in two hours and then that team could move on to push hardlines.

This is the way to go wakeup BR-ETL and lets start doing this for the whole store !!
So, the wave? You're a 6am store? That wouldn't work for a 6am store using best practice.

It's not really the wave. We push a pallet at a time. No boxes on the floor except for the one box that they are pushing at the time. To me the wave is bowling all boxes then going back to push by aisle. What is best practice btw?

My store transitioned from the 4am process to the 6am one starting during the summer of last year. I can't remember how the pallets are set up on the line, but I do know the backstock and transition pallets are staged on the back of the line. Flow team simultaneously bowls and pushes food, paper, pets, and chemicals as pallets fill up from the truck. Pharmacy and Hba is sorted into shopping carts and these sections is pushed after chemicals is done and zoned. Everything else from the truck is placed on flatbeds. The softlines flow team does their unpacking and pushing at the same time. From 6am to around 7:30 this process goes on and a "all-hands-on-deck" is called to remove boxes from the floor before the store opens at 8am--this includes the plano team, price change team, and any ETLs in the building. We call this working the "L" because this wave goes through the store in an L-shape.

After the "L" is pushed the flow team is divided into smaller teams to work all of hardlines from one side of the store to the other after break at 8am. The backroom team pulls batches, pushes the batches that go in the "L" and stay in the backroom as backstock comes back from the floor. Instocks starts scanning at 8am starting at the beginning of the "L" pretty much scanning right behind the flow team.

On average, each truck is about 2200 pieces, and the flow team usually manages to get everything pushed before noon.

My store is going to a 7am or 7:30am push process. I can only imagine the disaster that will result when that happens. We allready moved from 4am to 6am and guests complain all the time because they still push for 2 to 2 1/2 hours when the store is open and there is clutter and boxes everywhere.

My store is going to a 7am or 7:30am push process. I can only imagine the disaster that will result when that happens. We allready moved from 4am to 6am and guests complain all the time because they still push for 2 to 2 1/2 hours when the store is open and there is clutter and boxes everywhere.

Only 2.5? We push until lunch most of the time, luckily I switch to either BR day or POG at 10 and I don't have to deal with it or the flow TL. Also a good thing the BR TL has her TMs backs. We are moving to 730 too, and everyone on the entire team is in agreement that it's going to be completely disasterous.

The flow team I work with is also moving to 6am from 4am, and I am dreading the change. I work electronics/mmb. As it is, we clock on at 4am, and start the truck at 4:15, it then takes us until 5:45 to complete the unload. Translate that to the 6 o'clock change, and we won't have the truck unloaded until 7:45...15 minutes until open! What bothers me is my security cage. I have to have that cage off of the floor by 8. By the time we unload that truck, I will have no choice but to leave the cage somewhere in back within full view of a camera and only take out as many security repacks as a 3-tier can handle, check in and work them, and then repeat the process. What do I do when electronics transition arrives? I have to go through each repack and sort them first by nolocs and push and then by location. Ugh, just kill me now! ><

What determines 7 o' clock unload? Is it less than 25 mil or is it a case-by-case basis?

At my store we can finish a 2800 by 1030 we are a 6am process. we have a 7man team for toys sports electronics babys seasonal and softlines a 3man team for home domestics type stuff. and a wave of 7man team for market chemicals hba n pets. all auto fills and repack merch r stocked with respective area. fast unloads r key to success shoot for 55mins each time no more than and hr and 10mins. oh n the team like the tl and keep the etl out of the picture.

4 and a half hours for 2800? That's insane. My flow team as of now...no way they could ever get that done.

My store is moving to 6AM process as well... I think we are an ORG 3.

@sigma7 it took a good 6months to work out the kinks....today we took a 2565 and finished by 9 2212 went to the floor only around 350 blackline.

You have 17 people and you finished a 2565 truck at 9? So if takes you guys 55 minutes to unload means you pushed 2212 in about 2 hours? It's hard to believe but props to your flow team if they can do it, there's no way that our flow team can work that fast. How is your line setup during unload and how many people to you have in the back pulling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back