Archived Flow team asking truck size bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my store I guess we are not allowed to ask how big the truck is. Our etl got pissed today when someone asked someone who knew. Is there a reason for this? Anyone else's store get upset or keep the truck size a secret?

Our ETL won't tell the flow team when he's running the truck, but the old-timers know how to look it up and they spread it around fast anyways.

I think he doesn't want the team to know because they will usually moan about how long it's going to take and how it will take all day and not get finished. And then that's usually exactly what happens...Murphy's Law.

He doesn't get upset when anyone asks how big the truck is though. He'll just say "it's 53 feet."

Not a secret at my store. Sometimes I ask when I come in sometimes I don't. At huddle today we were told how big tomorrow's truck is. And sometimes we get the 53 feet answer. And my reply is empty or full.

No secret here, they almost always write the size, amount of backstock and unload goal on our assignment board.

It's no secret just log on to workbench and view workload planing tools and bam you can see the truck.

No secret : we are told as soon as we enter the building , plus the number of repacks !
We then decide ( softline) if we will need help or not .

My Flow TL tells me as I walk in and the size of the FDC truck. For some reason the default arrival time of the FDC truck is always 6:15 am but it's arrived any time between 2am and 7pm.

The size of the truck is related to the team at the beginning but Ash is right and it generally takes our team the same amount of time to unload the truck regardless of the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back