Food and Beverage TL

How hard is is to be the Food and Beverage team lead... I would be in control of grocery and oversee Starbucks... our grocery is only 11 eisle long plus frozen... just wanting some
Input I would be coming from the front lanes I know GM and SBUXs

How hard is is to be the Food and Beverage team lead... I would be in control of grocery and oversee Starbucks... our grocery is only 11 eisle long plus frozen... just wanting some
Input I would be coming from the front lanes I know GM and SBUXs

Easy if you have a small format store

So, not pfresh? Shouldn't be too bad, rsp if you already have Sbux training.

Yes I’m sbuxs trained but not over there allot... just fill in every so often and only ever worked hardlines so I don’t know how it would be

Easy if you have a small format store
Not "easy" when your small format comps 40% (before covid) overall sales of your store and you have p fresh, frozen, dry, and liquor all at your store. Certainly doable however.

Foods all about fill, fill, audit, fill. Nothing is worse than your freezer being empty because nobody's audited it in forever!

Source: me

Last edited:
Not "easy" when your small format comps 40% (before covid) overall sales of your store and you have p fresh, frozen, dry, and liquor all at your store. Certainly doable however.

Foods all about fill, fill, audit, fill. Nothing is worse than your freezer being empty because nobody's audited it in forever!

Source: me
Why should we have to audit so much, the numbers are never right. Like just off the truck and they don’t add up. What kind of a stupid system is this?!

Why should we have to audit so much, the numbers are never right. Like just off the truck and they don’t add up. What kind of a stupid system is this?!
We do audits daily and finally our number are right on. It shocking when I do it and the numbers are perfect. At least in our grocery. Our ETL is the bomb though.

CORRECTED: In my store at one time Food and Beverage TL did the grocery and Starbucks. He was always at Starbucks and never in the grocery. He was mainly making drinks all the time because everyone called off.

He was an over ten year old employee and finally quit. This was a couple of years ago.

After that our Food and Beverage TL only ran the grocery.

They hired another TL to do Starbucks and Pizza Hut Cafe ONLY and yes all he did was make drinks most of the time because of call offs.

However I don't how this would change because I DO THINK our Pizza Hut Cafe is going away to make room for freezers and coolers to do drive-ups for perishables.

Last edited:
I worked in manufacturing for years and never have seen inventory so bad like my store. This was even before the "One for Ones" got to be a thing.

The front end is a big source of the problem. Cashiers not paying attention to make sure everything is scanned. Cashiers who hit quantity and don't add correctly or lump different DPCIs together. And, of course, the more SCO is used the more shit just walks right on out the front door.

Not that the DC isn't repsonsible for a ton of mispicks, but if counts are constantly off by a handful it's because of the front end most likely.

Honestly I don’t think that market team lead is the best choice for a beginner TL but it depends on how far into modernization your market dept is, if you have p-fresh, how self sufficient the team is, etc.. market is drowning in a lot of stores right now too. I don’t want to dissuade you figured I would just say my experience

Honestly I don’t think that market team lead is the best choice for a beginner TL but it depends on how far into modernization your market dept is, if you have p-fresh, how self sufficient the team is, etc.. market is drowning in a lot of stores right now too. I don’t want to dissuade you figured I would just say my experience
Good point. Interviews for jobs are a two way street so always try to talk to the people that are already working in the area if you can. If not at least ask how long they have been in the department.

I am a fairly new F&B TL. I have SBux, Deli, Bakery, and Cafe. Got the promo during Covid So no training yet and learning as I go. Luckily I came from Corporate SBux and was a shift there and black apron so that is easy. The others are a learning curve. If you have support from other TL and ETL/SD I think it isn’t too bad.

Back