Archived Food cafe/ave to Starbucks renovation/transition thread

• Thread starter Pfreshbackroomguy
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to look at said list, but I am almost positive we are not getting a Starbucks of any kind. For one there is already one in a Barnes and Noble near us. Two, everytime I have asked about it (I ask about once a year) I get the same answer "Not gonna happen".

We are the main anchor of a strip mall, and our Super Target has a Starbucks, with a Barnes and Noble about 4 stores down.

I've seen a Target that was RIGHT NEXT DOOR to a B&N and they still had a Starbucks. The Target SB was busier... Everyone at the B&N was just reading sans coffee.

Yeh, we're in between a stand-alone SB & a store with a SB kiosk & we still do a respectable amount of business.
Of course, it helps that we're hi-vol too.

We have a Barnes & Noble (I think it has a Starbucks, I can't remember) and a standalone Starbucks in our plaza as well as our own Starbucks. And if that's not enough, our regional donut chain has a location in our plaza too. Needless to say, people who shop in our plaza are well-caffeinated, and I find an inordinate amount of abandoned coffees every time I zone.

FSA are for stores that have over $500,000 per year in Food Service areas combined. They're backups to the TLs.

If your store does even more than that (1 million or more in sales) hear they also get an ETL that oversees just those two departments.

Where do I apply to be an ETL of Food Avenue? Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back