Archived For all you Ad Prep team members..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearanceMaster

Price Accuracy TM
When you get the hardlines 11x11's what do you do with them? Let's say:
-all bedding is on sale. So they send a million 11x11s do you

a.) Sort all the signs for the block into a folder, into one filing box and have one team member put them all up (for the entire store)
or...
b.) Scan the sign, find out what aisle it goes down.. stick it in that folder with the 3x5s so the tm putting up the 3x5s can put them up.

Or is there a different way you do this? My signing tm currently does option a.. but one person gets stuck doing the endcap audit (and every 11x11 for the entire store except softlines) and it just seems like a lot of work to do in 4 hours when bedding goes on sale and they want 10,000 $10 off purchase in market signs put up in market.

Just to clarify.. one tm, 4 hours.. we have to hang 3x5s with the rest of the team for an hour.. it takes an hour and a half to 2 hours to scan every endcap and print signs, then at least another hour and a half to put all the signs up (including your break) they make us help put up signs for an hour before we start scanning. If there are a million 11x11s there is no time. I really wish my signing tm would just sort them into the aisles...

Any help would be appreciated

Go for 11 by 11 for all areas, including aisles & end caps. Do not put 3 by 5's for everything is covered by big sign. My store has no issue in doing that, saves time.

Go for 11 by 11 for all areas, including aisles & end caps. Do not put 3 by 5's for everything is covered by big sign. My store has no issue in doing that, saves time.

ok so say you have a file bin for D with folders labeled for each aisle. (D1,d2) Do you stick it down the aisle for the person setting the ad or do you put it in a seperate bin labeled (a,b,c,d,e,c,g) and have one tm run around and put them all up..

I get throwing away the 3x5s and just putting up the 11x11s.. but how do you sort them into who puts them up?

My biggest problem is most of the people setting up the ad are slow.. so instead of 1 person putting up all 11x11s and one person doing the endcap audit, the responsibilities are combined and the extra time is not given

Which would probably be me, considering I get put on the "OFF weekend" .. the ETLS on my weekend are maniacal and the tms just don't know what they are doing o_O.. My TL says it doesn't happen like that on their weekend (but there are TWO people doing what I do and laid back ETLS that just want the job done)

We have our ad organized in the little wire baskets (doesn't work well at all) and the 11x11s in a separate box (and one person usually does the big signs for hardlines).
I'd like to move to file crates where the 11x11s go in with the aisle they need to be set on so there isn't a separate task for someone to put up the big signs. Just haven't had the time to organize the file crates though :(

We have our ad organized in the little wire baskets (doesn't work well at all) and the 11x11s in a separate box (and one person usually does the big signs for hardlines).
I'd like to move to file crates where the 11x11s go in with the aisle they need to be set on so there isn't a separate task for someone to put up the big signs. Just haven't had the time to organize the file crates though :(
We switched to milk crates a little while back.. we used to have wacos with the dividers from entertainment (the cd browser ones) .. it was A horrible idea

Sterilite shoe size boxes. One for each block (2 for A and 2 for G). Sorted by block and rubber banded together by aisle. Each block's 11x11s are put in the side of the box.

When I'm doing ad I will run through the 11x11s first and then start putting up 3x5s and 3x3s. This saves me from having to put up signs and take them back down when I find an applicable 11x11.

Sterilite shoe size boxes. One for each block (2 for A and 2 for G). Sorted by block and rubber banded together by aisle. Each block's 11x11s are put in the side of the box.

When I'm doing ad I will run through the 11x11s first and then start putting up 3x5s and 3x3s. This saves me from having to put up signs and take them back down when I find an applicable 11x11.

@sigma7 , who does the endcap audit at your store? It is one person in each block, one person for all, the LOD or TL?

It used to be the LOD would scan all the endcaps and tell whoever was in that block which endcaps needed signs made as they came across them. That was another reason I put 7x11s (at that time) up first. Then at some point, for no apparent reason, the LOD quit doing the endcap audit and it became the responsibility of the tms to audit their own endcaps.

Every now and then the LOD will also have us do a visual audit of the paper ad. It's really hit or miss. The ad set process is not as solid as it was years ago. A big part of that problem started when Target decided to use more 3x5s and quit sending the 11x11s/7x11s when 4ft sections or entire runs were on sale (now HQ doesn't even seem to put a whole run on sale anymore (all towels but not the bath rugs, all sheets but not the pillowcases, etc.)). My exec team also got lazy and decided that they didn't feel like doing the endcap audit anymore and chose to delegate it to the team.

Last edited:
We use Waco boxes divided by block and rubberbanded by aisle. 11x11's are in a different Waco box sorted by block. The TM doing ad set in that area grabs the 11x11's and puts them up first, followed by the other signs. No 3x5's if an entire aisle is on sale with an 11x11. Oh, and the back wall (which is all one block with different depts) gets its own Waco box.

One TM is usually assigned one or two blocks to put all the signs up. Electronics does their own ad set on Sunday opening for anything locked up, otherwise inaccessible to other TMs, or stuff that ad set team didn't get to.

We use the white wire baskets that used to be used for cosmetics sets... not sure if they are orderable anymore. Im the PTL and i work every sunday to do 11x11s and the endcap audit. Typically i get both done in less than 2 hours. Since i set all the endcaps i know whats going to be on sale and what endcaps i dont even need to scan... been working well for the past year, but i guess that just comes with having experience on the job.

We havent switch to adhesive signing yet so not sure how the baskets will work out with those yet.

We use the white wire baskets that used to be used for cosmetics sets... not sure if they are orderable anymore. Im the PTL and i work every sunday to do 11x11s and the endcap audit. Typically i get both done in less than 2 hours. Since i set all the endcaps i know whats going to be on sale and what endcaps i dont even need to scan... been working well for the past year, but i guess that just comes with having experience on the job.

We havent switch to adhesive signing yet so not sure how the baskets will work out with those yet.

Id like to know how you get everything scanned and put up in 2 hours. There's no way in my store.. just sitting at the printer takes 10-15 minutes. There are over 200 endcaps in our store.. to do 200 endcaps in 2 hours is 36 seconds per endcap and that is not giving time to print the signs. Not to mention all the 11x11s that you have to put up, either you are not doing as much, or as detailed as my store.. or my store is way bigger.

My store is somewhat smaller compared to other stores i suppose? i think our sales floor is around 103k SQFT. I dont scan every endcap, i just scan what i know is going on sale. If ad prep is done the way i do it you almost never have to audit because youll get all the signs you need from HQ, and unless theres store made endcaps, theres not much to audit.

My store is somewhat smaller compared to other stores i suppose? i think our sales floor is around 103k SQFT. I dont scan every endcap, i just scan what i know is going on sale. If ad prep is done the way i do it you almost never have to audit because youll get all the signs you need from HQ, and unless theres store made endcaps, theres not much to audit.

Oh ok, you are still smaller than mine. And i thought mine was pretty small..

Our ad prep tm was trained by someone who quit halfway through her training.. and our PPTL doesnt really know anything other than (rip, sort).. I try to help her out by using common sense but I can't know everything..

When we get signs in with POGS that are for future set dates I always change the location to the current location. (We never get signs sent for the current locations. idk if we are supposed to or not) POG always will rescan the sign and put it in the right spot when they are done setting. My ad prep tm will scan it and if it says no loc. and the pog number matches she will toss it. I feel like I am doing it (at least partly right) and she is doing it wrong.. idk

I often wonder about the end caps signs that have no locations. The team never puts them up when they set the endcaps so I hold onto them for no reason, I can't make them understand that endcap audits would be much easier if they would put the signs up when they setting endcaps (I keep them separated by block for them). If they are good for more than a week I put them in with the following ad, if not I throw them away.
What do you ad prep people do?

I often wonder about the end caps signs that have no locations. The team never puts them up when they set the endcaps so I hold onto them for no reason, I can't make them understand that endcap audits would be much easier if they would put the signs up when they setting endcaps (I keep them separated by block for them). If they are good for more than a week I put them in with the following ad, if not I throw them away.
What do you ad prep people do?

My ad prep TMs have a basket of signs for each prep week that have just POG numbers listed on them (and when they scan to check them the current locations don't match the schematics printed on the sign). They're organized by POG number (for example, A119 for toys, B207 for video games). When pog tms set an endcap, revision, or pog they check the basket for signs that correspond to their area and put them up when finished setting.
I'm curious when we switch over to adhesive signing if the HQ signs will have POG numbers listed like the 3x5 cardstock ones do.

When I get 11x11's, I sort them separately from the 3x5's. I organize them in order by aisle/block and then bullfrog clip them together and then lay them on top of my bin when I'm done. If I have a ton like I did for this week's $10 GC w/$50 grocery purchase, I just rubber band that whole stack together. I never got properly trained to do Ad Prep, they sorta gave me a 5 minute tutorial and let me figure it out on my own. I figure if they don't like how I am doing it, they'll let me know :)

Anyone actually use the ad print/toss report? I don't know how to print the signs on the report that they want us to print. Thankfully the rest is self explanatory.

Anyone actually use the ad print/toss report? I don't know how to print the signs on the report that they want us to print. Thankfully the rest is self explanatory.

GRAB a pda
RF Apps
-Signing
-request signs
-scannable
-key in Sundays date

there may be another option in there somewhere
-sign number

Then just type in the sign number and how many you need.

Last edited:
GRAB a pda
RF Apps
-Signing
-request signs
-scannable
-key in Sundays date

there may be another option in there somewhere
-sign number

Then just type in the sign number and how many you need.
I was hoping for an easier way but that will have to do:). Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back