Cap on raises for lo g time team leaders

Is that 42K
I make quite a bit more then that

I am just curious because my raises have been great but the % has been dwindling and I'm guessing they can not give me the full 4 or 5% Not tooting my own horn or anything but there are team leads that have gotten more then me

I've never really asked before but I am going to go for it and just ask our HR

Is that 42K
I make quite a bit more then that

I am just curious because my raises have been great but the % has been dwindling and I'm guessing they can not give me the full 4 or 5% Not tooting my own horn or anything but there are team leads that have gotten more then me
$42 an hour = $87,360 a year.

K, thanks
wasn't sure if that was $42 an hour or 42K a year

K, thanks
wasn't sure if that was $42 an hour or 42K a year
Yeah 42$h is where tl cap out at my store . I only know of my tl being capped out because he is been with Target for 20 years . He demoted and promoted 4 times over the 20 years but we let him keep the tl pay because he is just that good . He does not want to be an Etl saying it’s not worth it 😂 even tho he was offered the Etl position .
He was asked after I left, he wanted honest feedback I told him not to do it . He makes more then some Etls who work 14-15h shifts and if he calculates that some Etl’s makes as much as a tm pay giving the hours they work .

What's involved with keeping the $$$ when you demote? SD approval? DSD? Business case?
In all the circumstances was the Sd and Dsds . Both have relied on this tl for anything and everything . He was sent to support multiple stores and districts , he was moved in every department and succeeded .
All I know is when I asked how come I was told he was worth it .
When I got to work with him as my leader I understood why , the guy is a beast .

If I was a TL making $42 an hour I would be worried that Target would terminate me.

Forget said TLs skills and abilities you are a VERY expensive employee in terms of pay and benefits.
Yeah . If you have told me that few months ago I would have fought you on it . However speaking today it’s a different story , new Sd and she doesn’t like him to much because “ he is not talking to her to much “ .
The guy sends his recaps , I don’t know how she expects him to talk to her if he works overnight and she doesn’t go in until 10 am 😂.

Yeah . If you have told me that few months ago I would have fought you on it . However speaking today it’s a different story , new Sd and she doesn’t like him to much because “ he is not talking to her to much “ .
The guy sends his recaps , I don’t know how she expects him to talk to her if he works overnight and she doesn’t go in until 10 am 😂.
Interesting the NEW SD said that.

She might think the recaps are vague.

That SD might just show up at 6:00 AM with HR one day for a "chat".

Last edited:

He really doesn’t give a shit , because for her to fire him would have to go thru hrpb and DSD which would be hard one to sell to get him fired . He worked with the hrpb when she was a tl and the dsd used him in so many stores . He never had a pdd or ca .

He really doesn’t give a shit , because for her to fire him would have to go thru hrpb and DSD which would be hard one to sell to get him fired . He worked with the hrpb when she was a tl and the dsd used him in so many stores . He never had a pdd or ca .
Great points though if said TL stills makes a lot more money than most that could be a factor.

Employees get let go from large corporations all the time for that.

You are an "at will" employee in most cases.

Last edited:

As for recaps they are not vague , is exactly how he use to send them to me and the Sd .

Schedule hours …
Unload … hours
Truck push … hours
Call outs ….
Truck clean current
Support the priorities with pushing these many
Zone returns complete
Style breakout …..

Then adds what else he did .
And he inserts pictures of receiving

That’s not not vague at all .

Back