Archived Forced AE reductions for anual reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon people... Let's face it. Target recruits young, attractive "talent" in order to maintain that brand image they have built a foundation on.

If you get too old, you're toast. If your not attractive, your stuck. If your young, attractive and affluent... Well the skys the limit...

Until you get to your late thirties. Jump ship folks. There is a world outside of Target (despite what they'll convince you of).

Good Luck too you all as I'm sure I'll be forever banned after my comments

Banned? Why?
You haven't said anything others haven't already said & know.

C'mon people... Let's face it. Target recruits young, attractive "talent" in order to maintain that brand image they have built a foundation on.

If you get too old, you're toast. If your not attractive, your stuck. If your young, attractive and affluent... Well the skys the limit...

Until you get to your late thirties. Jump ship folks. There is a world outside of Target (despite what they'll convince you of).

Good Luck too you all as I'm sure I'll be forever banned after my comments

If that was enough to get you banned I'd have gone a long time ago.
Speaking the truth isn't going to get you banned.

tgtaptarget, you won't get banned over what you posted. As others have said this is an opinion that's been brought up before. What will get you in trouble though is a poor attitude and being disruptive to the other members on these boards. Please refrain from simply blanket posting the same response to multiple threads and try to be more constructive. Thank you.

Well, its final. Lowest score in my entire career, EX with no raise. This year, I took on even more responsibility than I ever have in the past.

For some weird reason I can't even get mad...I just feel so foolish for working soo hard..

Last edited:
Well, its final. Lowest score in my entire career, EX with no raise. This year, I took on even more responsibility than I ever have in the past.

Even my TL told me not to sign the review.

For some weird reason I can't even get mad...I just feel so foolish for working soo hard..

If you got an EX with no raise then you are at the cap.... only possible way for you to get a raise is to get an "O" (which about 2% of the TMs in your store will get)..... and when you do get it, since you are the cap, it will be about 2%. Otherwise you can make an "EX" for the next 15 years and you will still be making the same per hour.

Thanks for the "condolences". :)

I'm trying to figure out how to handle all this. I LOVE my tl, so there is no way I would do anything less that would make her job even harder than "they" are making it for her now, but there will be no special projects any more.

This is so wrong!
Wish I had some words of wisdom or condolence.
It just seems like the usual Spot pissing on folks from above.
All I can really say is I'm sorry.

My review ended up the same way. At the end of the day - I felt like a fool for working so hard all year. I could have done waaaaaaay less and gotten the same review. Last year I did SO MUCH MORE than any other year and it got recognised LESS. Guess that's what happens when your store hemorrhages TLs, ETLS, and STLs. Everyone who is competent enough to keep their job gets the shaft.

Yeah, why do you never hear of living wage campaigns for retail workers? It's always like college campuses. Seeing so many people at Spot work hard year after year and never get a raise is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back