Archived forced to work every single weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted before about my instocks adventures, but as a recap, I work at an ULV store as one of two instocks TMs. We have no back-up instocks TMs.

Recently, we switched our receiving TM and our other instocks TM. She can't work weekends because she can't find childcare, and I'm the only other TM trained for instocks. I have been asking since OCTOBER to train someone else for instocks, just for back-up purposes (the last time I took a vacation, instocks wasn't touched for the entire week), and right now I have two great candidates, one with completely open availability and the other with a decent amount of BR experience. My ETL kept telling me that we should be able to train someone else, that he'd speak with their ETLs, blah blah blah, but apparently he either just didn't follow through or doesn't care, because today, I was told by my ETL-HR that we will not be training any more TMs for instocks because we don't have the training hours.

So this means that they're going to schedule me every single weekend for the foreseeable future. How is this fair? What's my next step? I'm now considering transferring to flow (due in part to the fabulous "restructuring" my store is enduring) because at least that TL listens to me.

Your situation sounds exactly like mine, not sure what a ULV store is but the rest is right on. Help is almost impossible to get because either its weekends or people just truely hate doing instocks and quite after a couple days of it. The added bonus is I can't tell them to stick it because my hours would go completely in the toilet and I already work flow the rest of the time.

We also have no backups and have to work weekends. It's ridiculous to me that we have to work shorthanded during the week on the research days in order to have one of the team there on weekends to scan outs. Oh yeah - and make the rainchecks since nobody else appears to know how to do it. (at least according to the raincheck/sub set up report)

We also have no backups and have to work weekends. It's ridiculous to me that we have to work shorthanded during the week on the research days in order to have one of the team there on weekends to scan outs. Oh yeah - and make the rainchecks since nobody else appears to know how to do it. (at least according to the raincheck/sub set up report)

Its all part of Targets new "run the store with a skeleton crew" policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back