Archived Forgot to Change work center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a backroom team member and yesterday I was scheduled to work "signing" in the morning . I did the signing work but when I clocked in I forgot to press the "change work center" button. Also on Saturday I was called in to work and they scheduled me to work Softlines. I didn't press change work center button that day either. Should I tell someone? Or does it really make a difference

If you were listed under Signing rather than Backroom on the schedule, then you don't have to worry about it. If you're working a shift outside of your primary workcenter, you'll be keyed in that workcenter when they write the schedule.

The time clock is setup where workcenters are automatic when the schedule is written out. The only time you have to manually switch work centers is when you have different workcenters in the same shift. Ex. You work ad team then switch to service desk. Or you are asked to work a different workcenter. Ex. You were scheduled to work salesfloor, but were asked to cashier instead.

The time clock is setup where workcenters are automatic when the schedule is written out. The only time you have to manually switch work centers is when you have different workcenters in the same shift. Ex. You work ad team then switch to service desk. Or you are asked to work a different workcenter. Ex. You were scheduled to work salesfloor, but were asked to cashier instead.

Do we still have to do this? I was under the impression that as long as the workcenter change was keyed into the schedule, the hours are accounted for.

What happens if you don't change your work center? I have NEVER been taught to do that, but I know I've come in and they've told me to work somewhere else than where I was scheduled.

What happens if you don't change your work center? I have NEVER been taught to do that, but I know I've come in and they've told me to work somewhere else than where I was scheduled.

Ultimately it's their problem.
They are the ones who have to make sure the hours go to the right centers.
They only time you have to worry is if you are covering someone elses shift and they do something different then you.
But if they are the ones who scheduled you for the shift then don't worry about it.

It's their problem, not yours.

I used to mess with my GSTL when I'd be scheduled for photo, but instead be forced to do carts. I'd change my hours to Cart Attendant, that way the hours would be accurate. HR reamed her out for scheduling so many Cart Attendant hours and not scheduling enough Photo coverage :senile:

Used to be back in the day you would change work centers to do back up cashiering. That of course was back in the day when Target had staffing and you were not in back up 70% of the time.

Do we still have to do this? I was under the impression that as long as the workcenter change was keyed into the schedule, the hours are accounted for.

Correct. The TM just changes workcenters on the floor, nothing needs to be done at the timeclock. It's all allocated in maxx. The only thing I would say the tm is responsible for is actually leaving workcenter #1 at the scheduled time to start at workcenter #2. This is the frustrating thing on the scheduling part... Ie- you're scheduled POG from 4-8 and Price Accuracy from 8-12:30. You continue to "finish up what you're working on" in POG till 9:30 and THEN move over to PA. That robs from Peter to pay Paul and screws the other workcenter and that TL's planning on the workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back