Archived From a company who is dead (Vibe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started selling them with the turntables on an endcap.
It was pretty much all the old classic rock stuff Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zep.

Ours got put on a back end cap and I wish it was the front since it's a new item for us. You would think they would put it on the front so people knew we carried it.

That would make too much sense.

I was aghast when we carried wall clocks made from old vinyl records until I looked at the labels (all no-name garbage).

Going on a tangent here, but I miss Blockbuster. It was always an experence checking out aisle after aisle of tapes, picking out what you want... I can almost feel the plastic sleve of the paper holder in my hands right now.

Of course, one can compare that to hitting a few buttons on a PS3 controller or tapping your phone or tablet a few times and BAM instant movie. But when do you think physical media will disappear? When will the movies and music section from Target be no more? On Amazon Instant Video, you can rent a movie for $4 or buy for $20 but the buying seems so foreign to me as it's not physically there. I rather pay $20 for a hard copy. I would say in 10 year min space for physical media in stores will be greatly reduced as I feel my generation is still attached to it.

I love buying the DVD or blue-ray of my tv shows because of the extras that you don't get with Amazon Instant Video. I'd really miss that if they went away. Unless, they could add those things.

We just put up the front end cap with the vinyl on it, but the records are stacked on the slanted shelf. They're not flat, but more horizontal than vertical. Anyone come up with a way to stand them up since vinyl shouldn't be stored like this? I'm not on the POG team by the way.

We used an entertainment shelf for the vinyls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back