Archived Front End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

In preparing for GSA position, what are some of metrics that are used in the front? Besides RedCards what else is the front end responsible for in staying Green?

What would you say is the most difficult part of the position?

~JTFLOW

I don't know much about the front end but I know cashiers also get scored on their speed.
I'm not a GSA but I'm sure it's difficult to stay cool when you're calling for back-up and there is no one to back-up.

REDCards and speed scores are the two big ones. Your ETL-GE is also responsible for call-button scores and guest survey comments, but this doesn't specifically fall to the front end. There are also the restroom check logs and buttons that need to be reset every hour. I know there is a score for "Restrooms are Clean," but I think that number is calculated from the guest surveys. The GSA/GSTL is also supposed to respond to guests creating new wedding/baby registries, which basically entails hitting a button on the kiosk and directing them to guest service to get a scanner. To my knowledge, there's no separate metric for this, but as a general rule of thumb, whenever Lady Target yells at me over the walkie, I just assume I'm being scored...

As a GSA, while you will be doing a lot of "cheerleading" to help keep the front end Green, you won't be coaching anyone on their scores. That falls to your GSTLs.

The most difficult part of the position is probably learning your roles (because they will vary from store-to-store, based on volume) and managing it all during busy periods, especially if you're new to the front. If you are low-volume, there will many times when you are the only GSTL/GSA on. In the blink of an eye you could have a back-up, 3 flashing lights, get a call to respond to service desk, and need to give Food Ave their lunch (in some stores this is called 12:00 on Saturday). Most eventually get the hang of it, but it is a learning process. Don't be afraid to call the LOD or another TL for help when you think you're in over your head. Feel free to ask here or PM with additional questions! I am a former GSA at a C-volume P-Fresh and am currently cashiering at a B-volume Super T.

I have plenty of experience in all areas of the front end just not in running it by myself. I have a "gold" conversion score, know the ins and outs of the service desk and helping guest at the wedding/baby. This will be a lateral move for me so I guess we will see if my HR thinks I have what it takes to be a GSA which I don't see why not. Just needed an idea as to what the expectations were for the GSA.

Hi there. Sorry to bump a thread that has been dead for a few years, I didn’t want to create a new one about the same subject!

I am currently in the process of developing into a TL position as a (soon to be) former GSA. I’ve been meeting with a few different leaders in my store recently and my bench interview will be coming up soonish, however one of the things that was mentioned to me is that I need to “take ownership” of some sort of metric in my department (front end) and work to improve that metric so that I can use it as a talking point during my interview.

So, I thought I would ask you guys for some advice on going about this?

The possible metrics that I have thought of, pertaining to front end, are RedCard applications, Target Wallet usage/transaction, guest survey scores, and Save the Sale/MyCheckout sales (I was also considering onespot, candy, and endcap sales but the front end isn’t responsible for those in the new op model...)

The one I think that would be best for me to tackle is probably the usage of the MyCheckout device (save the sale) but I’m a little hung up on how to improve sales using this thing.

Any advice is appreciated

Hi there. Sorry to bump a thread that has been dead for a few years, I didn’t want to create a new one about the same subject!

I am currently in the process of developing into a TL position as a (soon to be) former GSA. I’ve been meeting with a few different leaders in my store recently and my bench interview will be coming up soonish, however one of the things that was mentioned to me is that I need to “take ownership” of some sort of metric in my department (front end) and work to improve that metric so that I can use it as a talking point during my interview.

So, I thought I would ask you guys for some advice on going about this?

The possible metrics that I have thought of, pertaining to front end, are RedCard applications, Target Wallet usage/transaction, guest survey scores, and Save the Sale/MyCheckout sales (I was also considering onespot, candy, and endcap sales but the front end isn’t responsible for those in the new op model...)

The one I think that would be best for me to tackle is probably the usage of the MyCheckout device (save the sale) but I’m a little hung up on how to improve sales using this thing.

Any advice is appreciated

If you are at guest service this is great to take ownership but I'd pick guest surveys if not. That's a huge focus for a SETL so I'd ask your TL to show you the surveys and then mentor the cashiers to improve your stores opportunities. Then keep track of the score every week and be able to talk about how you improved your store.

If you are at guest service this is great to take ownership but I'd pick guest surveys if not. That's a huge focus for a SETL so I'd ask your TL to show you the surveys and then mentor the cashiers to improve your stores opportunities. Then keep track of the score every week and be able to talk about how you improved your store.
This is really great advice. Admittedly, I do not really have any ideas how guest survey scores work... I would love to have my TL sit me down and show me!

Saving the sale I do a lot. Encourage GSTMs to always offer it when a guest is returning an item for size. Especially if they say “oh, I’m going to look for another size” I always respond with “awesome! If you can’t find it, come back up and I’ll give you free shipping!”

Always say something like I’ll give you free shipping. Even though everyone gets it, it makes the guest feel special. If you want, throw in that it’s actually free expidited/2 day shipping (because it is).

Saving the sale I do a lot. Encourage GSTMs to always offer it when a guest is returning an item for size. Especially if they say “oh, I’m going to look for another size” I always respond with “awesome! If you can’t find it, come back up and I’ll give you free shipping!”

Always say something like I’ll give you free shipping. Even though everyone gets it, it makes the guest feel special. If you want, throw in that it’s actually free expidited/2 day shipping (because it is).
My hero!

I mentioned to my ETL that I would like to get save the sale $ numbers up. (We average $0/day in save the sale transactions lol.) For some reason he said that he would rather have me do Line Busting using the MyCheckout which kind of sucks IMO because no one on my team will use it for that purpose and everyone would rather just hop on a register, especially due to how buggy and slow it is.

Despite this, I started by doing some equipment control and took all 3 of our MyCheckout devices to make sure they were in good shape and saw that none of them are working. Probably why we have $0/day in MyCheckout sales. I called CSC but all of them have to be sent back.

More to follow later I guess lol :’(

I mentioned to my ETL that I would like to get save the sale $ numbers up. (We average $0/day in save the sale transactions lol.) For some reason he said that he would rather have me do Line Busting using the MyCheckout which kind of sucks IMO because no one on my team will use it for that purpose and everyone would rather just hop on a register, especially due to how buggy and slow it is.

Despite this, I started by doing some equipment control and took all 3 of our MyCheckout devices to make sure they were in good shape and saw that none of them are working. Probably why we have $0/day in MyCheckout sales. I called CSC but all of them have to be sent back.

More to follow later I guess lol :’(
What's wrong with your check outs?

What's wrong with your check outs?

Long text sorry
One is having connectivity issues due to being dropped, one is missing the necessary apk for the MyCheckout app itself apparently and the CSC guy tried to get it to download over the phone - told me to wait and see if it would work and then his supervisor called back a minute later and told me that the device couldn’t actually be used as a MyCheckout because it wasn’t originally intended for that use and isn’t secure. He was really like please DO NOT use it even if it works, send it back to Zebra. The third one has been sitting broken in my ETL’s office for a while now and I’m not sure what’s wrong with it, apparently he tried to troubleshoot whatever the issue was with CSC as well and they said it had to be sent back

Long text sorry
One is having connectivity issues due to being dropped, one is missing the necessary apk for the MyCheckout app itself apparently and the CSC guy tried to get it to download over the phone - told me to wait and see if it would work and then his supervisor called back a minute later and told me that the device couldn’t actually be used as a MyCheckout because it wasn’t originally intended for that use and isn’t secure. He was really like please DO NOT use it even if it works, send it back to Zebra. The third one has been sitting broken in my ETL’s office for a while now and I’m not sure what’s wrong with it, apparently he tried to troubleshoot whatever the issue was with CSC as well and they said it had to be sent back
One of my favorite lines, apparently true beyond my own store, "If it ain't broke, it ain't ours."

Long text sorry
Csc is your best option. Sorry:(

Yeah I was on the phone with them for a good half hour yesterday morning but the guy said they all had to be sent back to Zebra :confused:
Make a note of the serial numbers on the mco's, when they go out. Spot is having issues on keeping track of them. We are getting units back with the MCO app & no phone attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back