Archived Frustrated beyond belief - PlanoTL looking to see if anyone else is in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt my stl will be giving me hours from the salesfloor.. as it is now.. they dont have enough time to get them done on their own. most days theres one person on the salesfloor, one in market and one in electronics.

Another rough week for my POG team... we didn't finish shoes (we're an older store so new nice shoe dept). And the weeks ahead are getting bigger (look at 2/23 on the calendar... seasonal, B&G basics, hosiery...). I think hours are being slimmed down, as in they forecast less than what it actually takes to set something.And now I will be taking over SalesPlans and all Visual Adjacencies? This'll be fun...

cutting corners ive been doing but not when it comes to stuff like backer, fifo, cleaning and putting stuff away. i just dont fill out post pogs, do my vibe walk until its due, plan any transitions, that kind of stuff. we had a rough week to but they canceled the sat truck and kepy 9 flow people to work on plano. a few of them were good so I think they probably made real good headway. im off for the next 11 days so i really dont care lol

What kind of attitude is that? I worry about my team even on my day off. I'm not "rah rah rah Go Target" by any means, but it is my job and I have a strong work ethic. No matter how long I will not be at work, I make sure my team is well set up with all plans. Luckily, I have a great team that always completes any assignments I leave them. So I hope you are joking when you say "I don't really care".

There's a point when you have to stop worrying about it or you will go crazy.
If you don't leave the job behind. at least somewhat, when you walk out the door; you will go nuts.
That's par of what this place does, it allows folks to vent and get your Spot frustrations out of your system so you can carry on with real life.

Reactions: NOP
seriously i have over 6 weeks of vacation saved up.. i never take vacation.. i am run ragged.. i do everything for everyone and most of the other tl's in the store are not held up to the same standard as me.. i haven't been able to get pogs finished one week so far out of 2014 and in 2013 i maybe got pogs completed 3 weeks out of the whole year... the answer is .. tie it in and do it next week. but in the meantime i have to stop what im doing to help everyone else,,, to push the truck.. to push the sp's because its ok to tie them in set them and leave them empty for sometimes days on end..what? your an etl and you dont know how to find a part number or how to my-support something? sure ill do that for you..
so when i say i don't really care... for the next 10 days... i don't care.. i will deal with it when i get back.. im sure we will be behind because i made a 2 week plan before i left and I know what my team is capable of, i also know that when im not there they are taken to do other things like backstock because out br is slow (because they are allowed to stand around and chat all day). when im at work i have a positive attitude and i try my hardest and i help people when they need it because thats who i am. im allowed to not care. otherwise ill probably end up on medication! im pretty sure the point of these boards is to ask questions, chat and vent..

[Quote="BottomPerformer']What kind of attitude is that? I worry about my team even on my day off. I'm not "rah rah rah Go Target" by any means, but it is my job and I have a strong work ethic. No matter how long I will not be at work, I make sure my team is well set up with all plans. Luckily, I have a great team that always completes any assignments I leave them. So I hope you are joking when you say "I don't really care". [/quote]

Because some of us have had it beaten out of us. We've bent over backwards to bust our butts and do things the right way, pouring our (literal and figurative) blood, sweat, and tears into Target only to be slapped down or run over, used and abused...

At some point, when they've made so many decisions that take a higher priority over yourself, your workcenter, and your workload, there's nothing you can do but to go along with it...and it's easier to just say "i don't care" otherwise your sanity and emotions will be sucked bone dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back