Archived Frustrated with hours I'm being scheduled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever. You sound like one of the bully ETLs at my store. The earliest minions of the flow team come in at around 330am. It wouldn't kill them to come in at 3am on a truck day and clear the line themselves. If I can pull price from 6pm to 10pm and wind up with 19 pallets then a flow team member can suck up their pride and come in a little early and clean their area up themselves. I make tons of sacrifices for Target. Thank you very much.

Do a rotation, the TL should have maybe 2 or 3 people on a rotation and that person comes in at least 30 minutes early on truck days to clear the line. The backroom does that with the FDC truck so why can't flow team members make a sacrifice?

4 hours of price change?! Guess I won't be transferring to that AA+.

i think that people need to realize that just because your a certain dept. you work for target.. if they want you to spend 90 minutes moving pallets.. or cashiering instead of zoning.. who cares..
you get a paycheck no matter what your doing... if your worried about them coming back at you keep a journal of your day. i find it offensive that people give teams such a negative description.. maybe your pog team but mine isnt.. my pog team is the hardest working and global team in the store... do they want to back up cashier? do they want to push the truck? no but they do it cause its a JOB. calling someone from flow BUBBA is wrong also.. some of the flow work their asses off. You wonder why morale is so low? they are your team mates and you talk about them that way? If team members cant respect each other how can your bitch about anyone else?

If your this negative on an anonymous board i can only imagine you in person...

Last edited:
The earliest minions of the flow team come in at around 330am. It wouldn't kill them to come in at 3am on a truck day and clear the line themselves.

Dude.

Bubbas? Minions?

You're the same guy who mentioned on the minimum wage thread that $10 seemed too much for everyone else, but you're worth $50K a year. You may be, it sounds like you work hard. But so do other people, including truck unload/flow. Show some respect. We're not beneath you, we just work a different shift.

The earliest minions of the flow team come in at around 330am. It wouldn't kill them to come in at 3am on a truck day and clear the line themselves.

Dude.

Bubbas? Minions?

You're the same guy who mentioned on the minimum wage thread that $10 seemed too much for everyone else, but you're worth $50K a year. You may be, it sounds like you work hard. But so do other people, including truck unload/flow. Show some respect. We're not beneath you, we just work a different shift.

But when I have to clean up bad over push everyday from flow, do not expect me to speak kindly of your team. I know some of my store's flow team are superhero's but the slackers are killing them. And it really sucks cause management doesn't seen to be able to bring the bad ones into line or doesn't care to.

Dude.

Bubbas? Minions?

But when I have to clean up bad over push everyday from flow, do not expect me to speak kindly of your team. I know some of my store's flow team are superhero's but the slackers are killing them. And it really sucks cause management doesn't seen to be able to bring the bad ones into line or doesn't care to.

Who are you that you clean up bad over push from flow? Instocks?

Anyway, you're right. There are always a few bad apples, and their work makes me cringe and fluster as it might you. But, having worked flow, I understand the pressure they're under to get boxes out of the aisle on a timeline. I also understand new TMs don't get the whole backstock/instock/whateverother process, and they're not given time to ask questions or puzzle it out. So they just shove stuff on shelves. There needs to be better training, so people aren't always trying to figure it out on their own, guessing wrongly, and causing problems for other TMs down the line.

We can all agree that Target has a major issue with not giving proper training.
If every store was allotted a certain number of training hours per month that could be used for new hires or for cross training and that wouldn't be part of the stores total hours, I think you would see a vast improvement in performance and moral.

Once again, more flow bashing. Like I said in a different thread, would you work your hardest if people constantly assumed you were the cause of every problem the store had?
Would you give up an additional 30 minutes to come in and set the line up? I'm that person at my store.
I start a half hour before my team and I have to clear all the price change, clearance, ptm vehicles out of receiving and clean up the ungodly mess that whoever was doing whatever in the backroom at close just left there for me to clean up. Not only am I expected to do this, but get the line full, the dock plate down, the Z racks to the floor, acknowledge the truck, and get into PUSH to scan everything I've unloaded. And I get it done. Everyday. By myself. Most days, I even take a handful of thee tiers and stage them in light duty for the autofills.

Don't fucking generalize and tell me flow is a bunch of lazy asses because "bubba", I AM FLOW and I have no qualms about saying my team and I are some of the hardest workers at my store.
ANYBODY, I don't care what pay grade or work center, wants to bash flow, come to my store and do a push race with me and we'll see who's standing at the end.

4 hours of price change?! Guess I won't be transferring to that AA+.

Doesn't necessarily have to be high-volume. If the PTM process is lacking, then there'll be tons of discontinued merchandise in the backroom and the price changes will be ginormous.

Dude.

Bubbas? Minions?

Who are you that you clean up bad over push from flow? Instocks?

Anyway, you're right. There are always a few bad apples, and their work makes me cringe and fluster as it might you. But, having worked flow, I understand the pressure they're under to get boxes out of the aisle on a timeline. I also understand new TMs don't get the whole backstock/instock/whateverother process, and they're not given time to ask questions or puzzle it out. So they just shove stuff on shelves. There needs to be better training, so people aren't always trying to figure it out on their own, guessing wrongly, and causing problems for other TMs down the line.

Yes I am, In-Stocks and don't tell me that anyone with an once of sense can't figure out when the M size is full you don't fill every peg around it with what didn't go on the M peg. Nope they fill S, L, XL and anything else that has room. They double their own work and want us to thank them for it? No. Its not training, its not bothering to think at all. Training ok in your first couple weeks, these are people who have been there for years.

The majority of flow team members at my store are messy lazy minions. The bad ones outweigh the good ones in my opinion. If you suck, you suck. No other way to describe it or say it. And yeah, the store I work at might just be one of the worst Targets on Earth. Why not come to it and see how you like it?

Bubbas and minions offend you? Would you rather have me use expletives?

Even though I do have a poor opinion of the bad flow team members, this is the fault of the ETLs. I have said this before and I will say it again. They have to be better leaders and lead by example not by force. They need to let go of some of their pride and ego and train people properly and equally and not just half ass on training. Train team members well enough so that team members know what they are doing and know how to do their tasks effectively and in a timely fashion. If the ETLs did that, I wouldn't be bashing the bad flow team members.
Not every person in every department is bad. There are good workers. There are also bad ones. I just wish there were more good ones than bad ones at my store. I honestly think that my store is just one of the worst Targets on Earth.

And yeah you are right. The PTM process at my store is laughable. Usually, when I'm pulling gigantic amounts of price change, I pull a lot of transitional and seasonal crap that should have been put on the salesfloor months ago.

For all of my haters on here, I will not lie how I feel about working at Target. I have made it known to basically everyone that I know that I hate it with a fiery passion. I am a pathetic human being. I have never known anyone like me that has hated their job more than I have. I mainly post on here as a way to vent. I have pretty much alienated all of my family because of my job at Target to the point where they barely talk to me and if I mention Target, I get WWIII.

The majority of flow team members at my store are messy lazy minions. The bad ones outweigh the good ones in my opinion. If you suck, you suck. No other way to describe it or say it. And yeah, the store I work at might just be one of the worst Targets on Earth. Why not come to it and see how you like it?

Bubbas and minions offend you? Would you rather have me use expletives?

Even though I do have a poor opinion of the bad flow team members, this is the fault of the ETLs. I have said this before and I will say it again. They have to be better leaders and lead by example not by force. They need to let go of some of their pride and ego and train people properly and equally and not just half ass on training. Train team members well enough so that team members know what they are doing and know how to do their tasks effectively and in a timely fashion. If the ETLs did that, I wouldn't be bashing the bad flow team members.
Not every person in every department is bad. There are good workers. There are also bad ones. I just wish there were more good ones than bad ones at my store. I honestly think that my store is just one of the worst Targets on Earth.

And yeah you are right. The PTM process at my store is laughable. Usually, when I'm pulling gigantic amounts of price change, I pull a lot of transitional and seasonal crap that should have been put on the salesfloor months ago.

For all of my haters on here, I will not lie how I feel about working at Target. I have made it known to basically everyone that I know that I hate it with a fiery passion. I am a pathetic human being. I have never known anyone like me that has hated their job more than I have. I mainly post on here as a way to vent. I have pretty much alienated all of my family because of my job at Target to the point where they barely talk to me and if I mention Target, I get WWIII.

Going to put something out there.

I know you've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough.

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results...

Super, you're right. I've let Target corrupt me with negativity. It's gotten so bad where I see too much of the bad and a lot of times forget about the good.

I just get annoyed when people who have no idea what my situation is at my store come off as if I'm lying or lazy. I genuinely think that the location that I work at is one of the bad ones. Trust me, I've worked with a lot of transferred TMs and TLs and they are always shocked at how poorly the store is operated and managed.

Super, you're right. I've let Target corrupt me with negativity. It's gotten so bad where I see too much of the bad and a lot of times forget about the good.

I just get annoyed when people who have no idea what my situation is at my store come off as if I'm lying or lazy. I genuinely think that the location that I work at is one of the bad ones. Trust me, I've worked with a lot of transferred TMs and TLs and they are always shocked at how poorly the store is operated and managed.

Indeed, Don't let it get to you :)

I believe in never looking down on anyone unless you're helping them up. I cannot truly see the point of judging one another on here when this is an anonymous website or anywhere on the internet for that matter, including real life because each of us fights a different battle with different "enemies" so to speak. I want you to know that I know you work hard and we go through these adverse conditions in our lives to test our character and there are times when you just want to give up but keep working hard and remember those good times. :)

Cheers,
Super

If someone makes my time at Target more difficult than it has to be then you get on my crap list. I just hate mentality of how people are treated when they voice concerns, complaints, and concerns. For example, if you complain about the schedule, you are expecting 40 hours a week and should quit. If you complain about an unfair and unequal workload, you are lazy and your performance sucks. If you complain about a team member not pulling their weight, you are not a team player and need to work fewer days. Lies, lies, lies. I have had issues with those things and the ETLs have always ganged up on me and assassinated my character. I've had the STL tell I'm a problem and was asked one time to sign a voluntary termination form. I've had my ETL threaten to cut my hours and make me be a cashier. I've had a TL tell me I'm lazy because the backroom isn't 100 percent clear of back stock everyday. Witch hunts happen.

*snipped some of the quote for space.

You are not the only one to ever hate a job from the pit of your gut. I worked one job, where I wanted to move on but had to stay for 6 months since things in my life were waiting for other things to happen and it didn't make sense to look for another job to just turn around and quit. Its vague but it has to be. But those 6 months I had to decide do I go to that job or do I just run the car off the overpass. Yes I hated it that much. The office sucked, the people sucked and my boss was a greedy cheap ladder climber who wanted to leave a boot print on my forehead on his way up the ladder. And those are his nice points.

Get a plan, doesn't have to be specific but things you need to do to get out of Target, then you remind yourself everyday that there is an end to this. Then do your job to a good standard, keep your head down as much as you can, keep complaints on point then let it go. What you can't control you can't control but cover your behind as much as possible. Hang in, it did help me a lot after reading on this site, my store isn't special. Its a company I don't want to work for. The job I like even most of the people, but the BS surrounding it, makes it time to leave.

I'm scheduled three 3-hour days next week. What do they expect me to do in 3 hours when I have about 2 hours worth of pulls depending on price change, 30 minutes of working pulls, and 30 minutes to setup the line? Of course I'll still go to the huddle.

Thanks. I will take any support I can get. Hard to talk about Target to my family because I've complained about it for 5 plus years. It's also hard to talk to non Target humans about Target because they don't know what it's like.

Thanks. I will take any support I can get. Hard to talk about Target to my family because I've complained about it for 5 plus years. It's also hard to talk to non Target humans about Target because they don't know what it's like.
I know the feeling, am in the same boat. Mom is completely clueless as to retail now because she still thinks of retail work as it was over twenty years ago and my brother, though he works retail now, simply has no clue. I will happily listen to your rants and certainly reply with my own!

On the ridiculous hours... I've found that it makes it nearly impossible to have non-Target friends. When you never have a weekend off, it's hard to go out and have fun, even if it's just at a local sushi joint or something. And then January and Feburary roll around and you have the time but not the spare money. Yay for Netflix, pizza, and cheap malted beverages!

I hear you on that. I just think it's funny how non-Target friends and family get all bent out of shape over the fact that you always work nights and weekends and your days off are usually weekdays. It's like it's your fault that you don't have a Monday through Friday schedule. No sympathy or empathy at all.

This has been going on for my whole time at Target but the effects of it have been very noticeable lately. Working at Target has basically alienated myself from my whole family. I mean they are at the point where they can't stand it if I mention my displeasure with working there. They think it will be so easy for me to just all of the sudden quit Target with no job lined up and start looking for another job. I get that crap from them or the "why not just go work at a different retail chain" or "why won't you just work where I work". I don't want to work at the same place as a family member especially if they have been there for a long time because that will be added pressure on me to not screw up. I definitely don't want to work in a different retail chain. Honestly at this point of my life, I want my current gig at Target to be my last job in retail. Some will say I complain too much or that I want too much or that I'm too unrealistic. Haters can say whatever they want. I just want to do something that will give me a decent amount of money and some type of satisfaction and happiness. Some poster on here said that I think I'm worth 50K and that I'm better than all Target workers. Never felt that way or said that. I just don't like working in retail. It's not for me. I mentioned 50K because that's the amount of money right now that would make me happy. I am single and have no kids but have about 37K in student loan debt. Making 50K would help me out big time. Making 30K after taxes would help me out big time. I bring in about half of 30K after taxes at Target. I will never be able to pay off that debt with a yearly salary of 15K. And that's another thing. Stay away from student loans. If you can luck out by having your parents either be rich or have them save up money for you before you graduate from high school, more power to you. If you can get a scholarship or two, take them. Student loans should be a last resort. Trust me, I learned that the hard way and I am now paying the price. I studied my butt off in high school to get good grades so I go to college. I went to college so I could have a better life or at least a chance at one. I know that I come off as entitled. Maybe, I am. I don't know. I just want a change.

I think the best move for me would be to just cut and run and not look back. My whole current atmosphere is toxic in my opinion. My family pressures me into all sorts of bad decisions. I enable certain family members too which is bad. I just have always been bad at saying no. I've been like that my whole life. I've never been able to stand up for myself. I think moving away would give me a fresh start since no one would know me and I could be the person that I want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back