Frustrated with spiderwraps/security boxes

When I first started working Tech I would practice locking/unlocking all the boxes/spiders/pogs/doors during any quiet/slower times.

I’m sure I was on APs radar until I told them what I was doing. Now it’s just the liquor ones that still give me trouble.

When I first started working Tech I would practice locking/unlocking all the boxes/spiders/pogs/doors during any quiet/slower times.

I’m sure I was on APs radar until I told them what I was doing. Now it’s just the liquor ones that still give me trouble.
hard to do as a front end guest advocate but I like the idea.

Get a key that looks like this.

1631728547238.png

Makes them very easy to unlock. Might make them hard to lock again though.

Jokes aside, the lock is mechanically simple, and the magnet pulls the metal mechanism upward to free the sliding bar. Turn the wrap/box upside down and gravity will help the process.

The alternative to using spiderwraps and security boxes is to keep high-theft items locked up in a glass display. That would require more staff. I agree even as a veteran of opening these things, it still can be hard to actually open them up. That is of course by design.

Oh once your store gets the Apple boat you're going to hate the lockboxes. You either have way too many or never enough honestly.

Just showed the Kitchen DBO yesterday the trick one of the Electronics TMs showed me years ago for getting a tight wrap on appliance boxes. Have an Electronics TM show you tips and tricks - I struggled with putting them on and taking them off until I did that and now they're almost always easy. Still have trouble with ones that are on their last legs, but anyone would. Time to toss those.

I remember there being a huge 100lb tangle of them under the electronics boat which looked to be about 40 hours worth of detangling. In those benighted days before the light of modernization I was occasionally scheduled as a tangle-wrangler with a chair in the security room putting spiders on Apple products and consoles all day before they switched to not doing that and letting the high dollar shit pile up in there without wraps. Perhaps corporate rationally assumed that nobody in their right mind would ever buy a console, though incredibly enough I actually witnessed it happen a couple times

I remember there being a huge 100lb tangle of them under the electronics boat which looked to be about 40 hours worth of detangling. In those benighted days before the light of modernization I was occasionally scheduled as a tangle-wrangler with a chair in the security room putting spiders on Apple products and consoles all day before they switched to not doing that and letting the high dollar shit pile up in there without wraps. Perhaps corporate rationally assumed that nobody in their right mind would ever buy a console, though incredibly enough I actually witnessed it happen a couple times
I was quite good at untangling those things at my old job. I was also very frustrated because keeping them untangled is so freaking easy, but obviously not as easy as just throwing them in a box or drawer and letting them become a mess. Lazy lazy lazy people.

Back