Archived Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my situation,
I have been working at my target in Hardlines since December, was kept on after seasonal.
In the last couple months, I've been cross trained in electronics, flow, planogram, market, and I guess HR would count (two days).
Well I believe 2 months ago, I was offered a position in Electronics by an TL and a ETL of my department. I told them I want the position, I enjoy being in Electronics and for a girl I know a lot about electronics especially when it comes to video games. Another team member who's worked at target I would say, 5 years also wanted the position. At first even though I was offered to work in Electronics, I got schedule less than he did, one shift maybe every 3 weeks it feels like when he would get about 3 or even a whole week in electronics when he works in Guest Service. I never really getting to prove my AAR because I would get schedule on days that would be completely dead. I've only gotten 2 red cards over in Electronics during the times I've been over there and a one service plan. I always end up covering electronics breaks.

Well, after a couple weeks I figured it was not going anywhere even after the attempts of my TL talking to my ETL to get me scheduled more in Electronics. We had a opening for HR. I applied for the position and was told by a team member to talk to the ETL HR right away, I did. A week later I got schedule for an interview and was told I sort of will have the position as a back up (one or two days out of the week) because I did not have any HR experience and they hired someone who did. I explained I wanted the position because I was studying Psychology and I am about 37 credit hours away from graduating with my BS. I told them I would be very happy with one or two days because I really want the experience because a career option is to be HR management if i don't go for my masters. Well I got schedule for 2 days in HR. But I noticed another team member was getting schedule too, and rumors was she was also offered the position like I was. 3 weeks later I am still getting scheduled in hardlines, flow, market, even planogram but not HR. I've been applying for other jobs, but still haven't had any luck. I am not sure what to do about Target. A few people told me I need to talk to the ETL HR but whenever I am schedule, she is not working during that time.

Are they just messing with me? Taking advantage of the fact, I have been cross train in more departments than the people I started working with since Seasonal. A lot of my TL are impressed that I've been crosstrained everywhere, (let alone never been asked if I wanted to cross trained). I have actually been told by team members who been there for years to see about coming a TL. I figured everyone is impressed by how such a hard worker I am, also I've never called out, and I would try to cover other people shifts if I could. I actually want to work, and I put my all in it everyday but

Lately, all this has been making me very depressed and stressed out, even had to go to the doctor for chest pain problems. I wish I could quit and just focus on school or maybe see about only 20 hours a week but I a not even sure how I can even do that, because when I tried to change my availability to get out of working flow shifts, they denied it (I am open everyday but Thursday (I need one day off to focus on school and tests, everything is online).

Any help what I can do?

I know this is easy to say on my part but as someone who gave himself ulcers over the job, you've got to let go of the stress.
When you walk out the door leave it behind or if you can't do that come here vent a bit than stop thinking about it.

They're doing the standard carrot/stick on you.
They have someone smart and accomplished who they can use anywhere they need them and pay the same rate as a standard floor person, why would they move you up?
It's cold and calculating but it can be fought.
If you can't see the ETL HR jump up, go talk to the STL.
Tell them your concerns.
As long as you are calm, reasonable, don't make demands but just seek information and seem personable it shouldn't be a problem.
They want to keep you.
You are an asset, stand up for that.

Thank you so much. Now I just need to get all my courage and try to talk to the STL. I did not want to have to resort to that but I figure that is going to be the best route to go with.
I try not to get over stressed and whenever someone is being negative I always try to make them laugh or shake it off and not let it effect me.
As a 21 year old college student, I want to be successful and learn all as I can. Feeling disappointment sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back