Fulfillment ruins everything

How? If an item isn't found it isn't found. It's easy to find who picked an order and if they are consistently wrong there should be little doubt that there will be an investigation and consequences. As I said, fulfillment is literally today's sales dollars and every part of it is traceable to the tm picking the order.
I’ve seen so many of the worst puppets of management in Fulfillment. My sympathy for Fulfillment is limited. I have no doubt that a lot of them are really good people, but the bad ones are just horrendous.

Yes, but it pisses off the guest as they have to either "return" the item or wait for a TM to shop for it. If the guest did a DU they probably have to come in as most items aren't eligible for DU returns. At my store, it's about 90-97% of the orders that are a DU
A lot of people are saying they’re really lazy

How does this answer the question?
Usually when I see Fulfillment out on the salesfloor they are either chit chatting with people in other departments, or on their phones. How is this “work”? They do tear up pallets in the backrooms, they do mess up drive-up very frequently, and drive-up is way harder than Fulfillment. Your assertion that Fulfillment is difficult work is just nuts. OCCASIONALLY it is difficult, but I’ve never seen such lazy coworkers as the ones in Fulfillment.

This is literally our direction. (Take the item, leave the rest to be pushed) Pushing pulls and/or freight isn't part of fulfillment's job. Their job is to pick the items for the guest in the fastest time possible without any INF. Having to search for items that are in the store but not on the floor in the correct spot does not achieve that goal. Fulfillment is finding items that have already been sold.... items that are literally bringing in today's sales dollars. The cooperation of the rest of the teams is essential. They are also the only team that is held accountable for the work of everyone else. Not found because it's backstocked wrong? INF... fulfillment metric. Not found because it came in today and is on a uboat that may or may not be the one it belongs on? INF... fulfillment metric. Vendor didn't stock the shelf yet? INF... fulfillment metric. Aisle is filled with vehicles and all have to be moved out and then back in? Time against fulfillment metric. Waiting to use the wave or get into a movable aisle? Time against fulfillment metric. Nobody did reshop and the carts have to be gone through because it was ordered? INF .... fulfillment metric. Capacity and/or count wrong affecting OH? INF fulfillment metric. Every INF leads to a guest not getting their order completely filled. Damn fullfillment ruins everything.
This is such management propaganda BS. Management wrote this post for you.

Guests of course, but Fulfillment. Drive-up resents fulfillment because they mess up their orders & because generally, Fulfillment is super easy compared to drive-up.
Ha! So I've been a TL over drive up and am currently over FF. I was excellent at D/U (drove the best time in group aside from the low volume stores) and am solid though not an expert at FF (95 UPH/ 3% INF while doing lots of distracting TL shit during batches). You have no clue what you're talking about. The rush time in drive up is harder, physically. The weather can be tough to handle. But there is essentially no skill required. FF is consistently harder physically than all but the D/U rush. It's also much trickier, and excellence in FF requires a lot of time and learning and relationships. There is also constant pressure from TLs to perform because that's the only way to get the job done with the payroll we have. It's not that I don't sympathize with D/U, it's that I know it's not harder. Not even close, just drink water and be reasonably fit and it's easy. D/U stands around and bullshits more than ANY other people in the store.

Usually when I see Fulfillment out on the salesfloor they are either chit chatting with people in other departments, or on their phones. How is this “work”? They do tear up pallets in the backrooms, they do mess up drive-up very frequently, and drive-up is way harder than Fulfillment. Your assertion that Fulfillment is difficult work is just nuts. OCCASIONALLY it is difficult, but I’ve never seen such lazy coworkers as the ones in Fulfillment.
I didn't really say it was difficult, just making the point that many factors go into success. I guess that we work in very different stores. The fulfillment tms at our store have a productivity rate of between 95-120% daily and our INF team rate goal is below 3% and is only not met when there are less experienced off-team pickers due to the volume of batches (I don't think any other team has their productivity rate as a metric) Tms that are picking at that rate are difficult to classify as lazy. Tms that aren't picking at that rate are coached/partnered/retrained or moved to drive up to see if a less physical job may be more appropriate. Obviously ASANTS

Last edited:
I didn't really say it was difficult. I guess that we work in very different stores. The fulfillment tms at our store have a productivity rate of between 95-120% daily and our INF team rate goal is below 3% and is only not met when there are less experienced off-team pickers due to the volume of batches (I don't think any other team has their productivity rate as a metric) Tms that are picking at that rate are difficult to classify as lazy. Tms that
aren't picking at that rate are coached/partnered/retrained or moved to drive up to see if a less physical job may be more appropriate. Obviously ASANTS

Asants is Reddit bs. DU is not necessarily less physical. If FF is “very physical,” then so is reshop. Would you also say FF is more physical than truck or GM?? 😂😂

Cynical, you say FF requires “relationships”? How so? By annoying the tech team every time you need to open the EE stockroom?

I didn't really say it was difficult. I guess that we work in very different stores. The fulfillment tms at our store have a productivity rate of between 95-120% daily and our INF team rate goal is below 3% and is only not met when there are less experienced off-team pickers due to the volume of batches (I don't think any other team has their productivity rate as a metric) Tms that are picking at that rate are difficult to classify as lazy. Tms that
aren't picking at that rate are coached/partnered/retrained or moved to drive up to see if a less physical job may be more appropriate. Obviously ASANTS
Asants is Reddit bs. DU is not necessarily less physical. If FF is “very physical,” then so is reshop. Would you also say FF is more physical than truck or GM?? 😂😂

Cynical, you say FF requires “relationships”? How so? By annoying the tech team every time you need to open the EE stockroom?
I feel so bad for FF . They have to be on their phones the whole day!

Ha! So I've been a TL over drive up and am currently over FF. I was excellent at D/U (drove the best time in group aside from the low volume stores) and am solid though not an expert at FF (95 UPH/ 3% INF while doing lots of distracting TL shit during batches). You have no clue what you're talking about. The rush time in drive up is harder, physically. The weather can be tough to handle. But there is essentially no skill required. FF is consistently harder physically than all but the D/U rush. It's also much trickier, and excellence in FF requires a lot of time and learning and relationships. There is also constant pressure from TLs to perform because that's the only way to get the job done with the payroll we have. It's not that I don't sympathize with D/U, it's that I know it's not harder. Not even close, just drink water and be reasonably fit and it's easy. D/U stands around and bullshits more than ANY other people in the store.
FF is literally on their phones the entire day. DU works its ass off.

No. I have worked on drive up, flow, was a truck thrower, and a gm DBO (plus other stuff) Drive up is much less physical. Reshop is much less physical. Truck.... more physical for a shorter period of time. GM is less physical. Relationships with other teams to find items that are on a pull, flexed, came in on the day's truck, is a vendor item, in reshop, etc. is important. If it's so annoying to open a stockroom to fill a guest order, partner with AP to ensure the FF team has keys to do it themselves.

No. I have worked on drive up, flow, was a truck thrower, and a gm DBO (plus other stuff) Drive up is much less physical. Reshop is much less physical. Truck.... more physical for a shorter period of time. GM is less physical. Relationships with other teams to find items that are on a pull, flexed, came in on the day's truck, is a vendor item, in reshop, etc. is important. If it's so annoying to open a stockroom to fill a guest order, partner with AP to ensure the FF team has keys to do it themselves.

* You’re going to have to explain WHY you think it’s more physical. And bear in mind that you’re arguing it’s more physical than ALL of those different roles.
* The “relationships” part of what you wrote is absurd. Relationships to find stuff in reshop??? Like asking Guest Servives where the three-tiers are?? That’s “complex”?? Are you kidding me??
* At one point during this discussion, you even denied that FF can ever cheat. They do cheat. It’s fact. I’m not saying they’re fraudsters, but cheating on INF DOES happen. Another person in this discussion explained how it happens.
* I really think your last post is 100% trolling.

I’ve seen DU standing around but it doesn’t happen all that often. To say DU requires no skills is ridiculous. It can require a lot of difficult judgement calls in many situations, especially regarding safety issues in busy parking lots. It’s also awful and insensitive for you to insult DU with your post, given all the safety issues they have to deal with.

Flex isn't more "physical" than any other job. I don't understand what we arguing here. Truck team, pfresh team, and cart attendance have the physical roles. Everything else to me are fairly equal to one another.

To the person saying all they see is flex team members on phones etc. Your store leadership must not be good if that's the case. With over 4000 units for OPU and 1600 to 2000 SFS units daily I dare Flex TMs in my store to sit around chatting on the phone. The workload is too heavy to even allow that. Additionally, even if workload wasn't high it's on leadership to change that culture. You're generalizing flex tms with the tms you see in your store. That's a false equivalency.

On topic: Training for all departments in all stores is an issue. If you see flex causing all these issues then you guys should create an action plan to fix it. That's all.

Nothing is actually difficult with Target. They just overwhelm you with volume resulting in artificial difficulty. You also never really get the payroll to account for the amount of work making it more difficult than it needs to be. That's my opinion at least.

Flex isn't more "physical" than any other job. I don't understand what we arguing here. Truck team, pfresh team, and cart attendance have the physical roles. Everything else to me are fairly equal to one another.

To the person saying all they see is flex team members on phones etc. Your store leadership must not be good if that's the case. With over 4000 units for OPU and 1600 to 2000 SFS units daily I dare Flex TMs in my store to sit around chatting on the phone. The workload is too heavy to even allow that. Additionally, even if workload wasn't high it's on leadership to change that culture. You're generalizing flex tms with the tms you see in your store. That's a false equivalency.

On topic: Training for all departments in all stores is an issue. If you see flex causing all these issues then you guys should create an action plan to fix it. That's all.

Nothing is actually difficult with Target. They just overwhelm you with volume resulting in artificial difficulty. You also never really get the payroll to account for the amount of work making it more difficult than it needs to be. That's my opinion at least.
* Totally, I agree , there’s no way fullfillment is more physical than any other job
* “Artificial difficulty” from no hours is still difficulty.
* I’m not entirely sure FF is responsible for all the issues I described, but I have reason to think that many of their team members are responsible .

Hmm, we lift literally everything D/U does and put more miles on our feet at a brisk speed (and more than anybody else except maybe CA). I think that's obviously more physical. I didn't say anything about it being more/less physical than other jobs, though. I haven't worked them enough to know what kicks my ass the worst. Cart Attendant is underrated for sure. Probably inbound would be toughest on my old bones.

To say DU requires no skills is ridiculous. It can require a lot of difficult judgement calls in many situations, especially regarding safety issues in busy parking lots.
"To cross or not to cross
that is the question"

Yeah it can be a real Shakespearean dilemma out there. Hamlet, Big Bird, these are the giants on whose shoulders we stand.

Hmm, we lift literally everything D/U does and put more miles on our feet at a brisk speed (and more than anybody else except maybe CA). I think that's obviously more physical. I didn't say anything about it being more/less physical than other jobs, though. I haven't worked them enough to know what kicks my ass the worst. Cart Attendant is underrated for sure. Probably inbound would be toughest on my old bones.
Have you encountered 20+ drive up spaces with double tappers and having to maintain under 3 mins no matter what and sometimes having to run to the floor to shop for items because the person that put to hold messed up the order? Additionally, running back and forth in all weather conditions?

I've been a flex leader and done several DU orders. They're equal in physicality at least in my store. People forget they're timed too and also have to do order pickup for guest coming in to pickup. Can also be mentally tiring because if orders are messed up you now have a guest in your face upset and you're still service so you end up trying to handle the situation. Comparing the two is meaninglessness. Only time I will absolutely argue physicality is CA or anything that has to do with trucks. I genuinely believe everything is about equal except for those.

My inbound life was incredibly physical.

Asants is Reddit bs.
No it isn’t. Every store and every team are to some degree different, just a fact when dealing with people, no matter how much Target thinks everything can be perfectly standardized.
you say FF requires “relationships”? How so? By annoying the tech team every time you need to open the EE stockroom?
FF requires relationships to do their job in a fast and efficient manner. No matter how familiar the FF team is with the store and merchandise locations, no one knows where to find things as fast as the TMs who work in those departments every day. They know where second or third untied locations are, where they saw that particular item in a reshop cart or in the fitting room or wherever. Softlines TMs are the special angels of FF, since they can actually tell the difference between all those jeans or pants or whatever that look pretty much the same to the untrained eye, and can find them quickly, even when tags are missing or RFID isn’t working. Having good relationships with TMs in all departments who can help find items quickly can make the difference between an FF TM picking their batch on time or not, or finding an elusive item or not, thus avoiding unnecessary INFs, red metrics, disappointed guests and lost sales.
TMs are issued keys to unlock things for guests or other TMs, it’s part of the job, however annoying that may be to the key carrier. At my store FF TMs are issued keys so they don’t have to waste time that they don’t have waiting for someone to come over to unlock things for them, but all stores are not the same. And our FF/SFS team members are not lazy.

Back