Fulfillment ruins everything

We have a dedicated team for ff. No ship from store, just OPU. Backup is strictly monitored. Everyone on the floor " drops everything now" to help OPU because they r so efficient we know they don't ask for help unless it's near inf . No bother at all. FF TM s , they ARE literally at the bottom of the sh%$ hill. A sh%$y leadership team ruins everything -when they don't shore up and backup zoning, quick unload and fill of the floor every day and instead sit in the office all day on the walkie then say "hey, why so many inf s. , wer'e putting you somewhere else"

* You’re going to have to explain WHY you think it’s more physical. And bear in mind that you’re arguing it’s more physical than ALL of those different roles.
* The “relationships” part of what you wrote is absurd. Relationships to find stuff in reshop??? Like asking Guest Servives where the three-tiers are?? That’s “complex”?? Are you kidding me??
* At one point during this discussion, you even denied that FF can ever cheat. They do cheat. It’s fact. I’m not saying they’re fraudsters, but cheating on INF DOES happen. Another person in this discussion explained how it happens.
* I really think your last post is 100% trolling.
Finding items in reshop is really not a big deal... it's there or not. Finding items in the backroom that are in one repack of the 2 pallets of style that just came in, on the uboat that just got filled, flexed into another area, are in a vendor hold area, is one of multiple locations that has sales tracked by bar code and all look the same, but won't scan because it isn't in its correct location, items that did not have capacity corrections when set so the OH is wrong, items from style that are hung in the backroom, but not located, and more all require a relationship with the teams involved. If you're only looking in reshop, you're doing it wrong...VERY wrong. Totally not trolling, but absolutely wondering if you have ever actually picked a fulfillment cart. More physical? We walk the entire store for 8 hours, picking from every department and picking between 400-700 items, depending upon which type of batch it is, in the 7 hours that are not break/lunch, then packing it all into bags and then moving it into stow. There are days that some fulfillment tms walk more than 10 miles/shift. That includes moving outdoor furniture, pushing carts filled with gallons of water/soda/juice through the store, climbing ladders in the backroom and picking the heavy items from the top shelves, picking tvs and bookcases. Repacks of style items are taken off the pallet and then put back on the pallet. Then you do it all again to stow it. Every item is touched/moved twice. If items are at the bottom of a pallet, the pallet is unloaded and then reloaded, boxes broken down and taken to the baler. Pallets on the top shelves have to be brought down, item found, pallet rewrapped and then put back into the steel. That's pretty physical and not limited to one department. As far as cheating... didn't see how it's done only that it was claimed to be done by someone else. So, my bad, I guess.

Last edited:
I miss fulfillment auditing out entire backroom locations by AIS'ing an item without actually scanning all items. Nothing like having to backstock half a valley of chem because it's all unlocated. :D

Have you encountered 20+ drive up spaces with double tappers and having to maintain under 3 mins no matter what and sometimes having to run to the floor to shop for items because the person that put to hold messed up the order? Additionally, running back and forth in all weather conditions?

I've been a flex leader and done several DU orders. They're equal in physicality at least in my store. People forget they're timed too and also have to do order pickup for guest coming in to pickup. Can also be mentally tiring because if orders are messed up you now have a guest in your face upset and you're still service so you end up trying to handle the situation. Comparing the two is meaninglessness. Only time I will absolutely argue physicality is CA or anything that has to do with trucks. I genuinely believe everything is about equal except for those.

My inbound life was incredibly physical.
I've done plenty of insane drive up days and yeah it's very hard at times. I think you're right that there's not much value in comparing them.

I miss fulfillment auditing out entire backroom locations by AIS'ing an item without actually scanning all items. Nothing like having to backstock half a valley of chem because it's all unlocated. :D
Don't worry, now that casepack locations are back, our team keeps hitting "no" when it asks if they have anything to backstock so they leave the rest of the casepack unlocated. Really puts the FU in "fulfillment".

We have a dedicated team for ff. No ship from store, just OPU. Backup is strictly monitored. Everyone on the floor " drops everything now" to help OPU because they r so efficient we know they don't ask for help unless it's near inf . No bother at all. FF TM s , they ARE literally at the bottom of the sh%$ hill. A sh%$y leadership team ruins everything -when they don't shore up and backup zoning, quick unload and fill of the floor every day and instead sit in the office all day on the walkie then say "hey, why so many inf s. , wer'e putting you somewhere else"
IMHO one of dumbest things our store does.

Ship from store.

Have you encountered 20+ drive up spaces with double tappers and having to maintain under 3 mins no matter what and sometimes having to run to the floor to shop for items because the person that put to hold messed up the order? Additionally, running back and forth in all weather conditions?

I've been a flex leader and done several DU orders. They're equal in physicality at least in my store. People forget they're timed too and also have to do order pickup for guest coming in to pickup. Can also be mentally tiring because if orders are messed up you now have a guest in your face upset and you're still service so you end up trying to handle the situation. Comparing the two is meaninglessness. Only time I will absolutely argue physicality is CA or anything that has to do with trucks. I genuinely believe everything is about equal except for those.

My inbound life was incredibly physical.
“My inbound life was incredibly physical” - Yes, Rajarem is lying his ass off when he says FF more physical than any other dept

Don't worry, now that casepack locations are back, our team keeps hitting "no" when it asks if they have anything to backstock so they leave the rest of the casepack unlocated. Really puts the FU in "fulfillment".
Because it's new again, you might need to take a second to do a small training as to the what, why and how. It doesn't take long to do and the screen is a little confusing as to how it should be done. (I've worked in the backroom and have talked with my ff team about this). They don't know what they don't know. It tells them to pull 12... they do. More often than not, they just put it all in the cart, scan the cart and move on and wonder why they have so much when it comes time to stow. It's a learning curve that many leaders have not recognized yet. Our backroom had to be "reassigned" in some areas because of this "new" thing so that it was not considering areas to not be casepack and others to be casepack.

“My inbound life was incredibly physical” - Yes, Rajarem is lying his ass off when he says FF more physical than any other dept
Ooooh.... I love assumptions! Rarejem is a 60+ year old female that has been with Target for nearly 25 years (as one of my multiple jobs) and has experienced almost all areas of the workplace as a tm and tl. What would the point of lying be? This is an anonymous forum which many of us actually use to improve how we do our job, learn about new innovations/pilots, vent occasionally, and guide new tms in directions that they want to go. You're ridiculous and rather dumb. I did NOT say more physical. That was not my post. (Although it's even more physical for me as a very small senior woman and they seem to have raised every top shelf in the store with the last year of resets) I did, however, explain the physical nature of the position. It doesn't really matter. You sound like you've had one job at Target for two months (maybe) and are the top performer and better than every other person who has ever had that job. (and probably don't even understand the synergy between that one job and every other position in the store.... oops.... "relationship" if you don't understand the word synergy) Now go plug in your earbuds and let the grown ups talk.

Last edited:
Ease off the gas here folks.
Before you accuse someone of lying always find out their experience and what kind of store they are working in.
ASANTS is always a thing.
Treating each other with respect here is always a thing.
Don't make me stop this car.

Thank you, Commie. I apologize for saying the person is "dumb", but calling me a liar is one of my Mama Bear triggers
You said something absolutely false when you claimed Fulfillment more physical than any other department. I did not engage in name calling. I said you’re lying. I did NOT name call by calling you a liar.

You said something absolutely false when you claimed Fulfillment more physical than any other department. I did not engage in name calling. I said you’re lying. I did NOT name call by calling you a liar.
Look at the double standards on here, he or she can call be dumb, but OMG, I said they’re lying!!!

Ooooh.... I love assumptions! Rarejem is a 60+ year old female that has been with Target for nearly 25 years (as one of my multiple jobs) and has experienced almost all areas of the workplace as a tm and tl. What would the point of lying be? This is an anonymous forum which many of us actually use to improve how we do our job, learn about new innovations/pilots, vent occasionally, and guide new tms in directions that they want to go. You're ridiculous and rather dumb. I did NOT say more physical. That was not my post. (Although it's even more physical for me as a very small senior woman and they seem to have raised every top shelf in the store with the last year of resets) I did, however, explain the physical nature of the position. It doesn't really matter. You sound like you've had one job at Target for two months (maybe) and are the top performer and better than every other person who has ever had that job. (and probably don't even understand the synergy between that one job and every other position in the store.... oops.... "relationship" if you don't understand the word synergy) Now go plug in your earbuds and let the grown ups talk.
There is no synergy, that’s a myth you promote to make it more difficult to form unions.

Look at the double standards on here, he or she can call be dumb, but OMG, I said they’re lying!!!
Not a double standard. Whether someone calls someone else a liar or says that they are lying is a matter of semantics, but either way of saying it implies that the person is being dishonest and is an attack on their integrity and character. Calling a person dumb is an assessment of their intelligence/reasoning ability and has nothing to do with their honesty, integrity or character.

Not a double standard. Whether someone calls someone else a liar or says that they are lying is a matter of semantics, but either way of saying it implies that the person is being dishonest and is an attack on their integrity and character. Calling a person dumb is an assessment of their intelligence/reasoning ability and has nothing to do with their honesty, integrity or character.
Calling a person dumb is an insult. It’s unbelievable that you seem to be claiming otherwise.

I cannot believe the trolling on here, that someone actually seems to be claiming that calling someone else dumb is not an insult.
All in all I think tho that this has been a good & informative discussion. Hats off to everyone who contributed.

While I did not imply that ff is the most physical, I did tell you what I experienced based on my time in other areas. I stand by that and calling a person a liar is name calling. Also, I was right, in that you have no idea what synergy is. Unions? Where did that come from? I have never given an opinion on unions on this forum that I can remember, though I have been a member for a long time so ... maybe? I'm done here. It is apparent that you just want to argue and I don't.

Last edited:
Back