Fulfillment TL

Questions:

Are you (or the TL) in your store who is keyed as a fulfillment TL responsible for GM workload? Running trucks, transitions, SPLs, price change, etc? Or do you (or the TL) just run fulfillment?

This is really one of those ASSHATS situations. All Stores Should Have A Team to Sacrifice. Sounds like at your store that’s you.
I have seen FOTL be responsible for backroom brand, running GM team and covering inbound..

Although at my current store I see FOTL just wrapped up in Flex all day and doing a poor job at it…

Last edited:
At my store, we only had 2 GM leaders. One was in charge of inbound, essentials, and receiving, and I was in charge of Home, Hardlines, Incremental Space, Presentation, Fulfillment, and covering inbound on her off weekends. I can not tell you why corporate thought that should be the split for two. My side was incredibly more intensive and I had maybe 5 times the amount of area as she did.

My store she is backup Inbound and is in the weekend LOD rotation. She helps elsewhere, but is not responsible for anything else.

I help inbound if/once their tl is gone for the day but I'm not responsible for any areas. I also am on the weekend rotation.
Honestly we have been so fuckin busy I can barely keep up with fullfillment let alone anything else.
Lol, good job! It’s a struggle!

I was a GMTL (GM3) which had to manage toys, sports, baby HL, Bullseye's Playground, entertainment, checklanes presentation, gift cards & batteries, and fulfillment.

We got a dedicated Fulfilment Ops TL and it restructured my role into everything I had previously, but Inbound instead of Fulfillment.

Back