Fun/interesting thing to do when you are bored at work...?

I agree that tasks as such would make one bored ( I know i would) . But there is always something that one can do , bales, sweep , create a transfer in his area . I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ I just know that I haven’t been able to get a chance to be bored .
Sometimes there's only three shirts left on a table that are properly folded and the rest are a balled jumble. Table is top priority over everything else, brain is looking for an escape because the task requires no problem solving.

My children learned early on That the word ‘bored’ should never be used. Whenever I heard it they were given something to do that was of MY choice, and they never liked my choices. It did Not take Them long to realize that if they made their own choices they were better off. (They figured out quick they could open a package of Legos/read a book OR tell me they were bored and be made to keep busy by weeding the garden). They are now very self-sufficient and independent, two own their own businesses and the other is climbing the ladder quickly at a large company.
it is a shame that you cannot or will not make positive contributions to your store And help your team succeed. There is Much work That has to get done within a finite amount of payroll, therefore, it is a certainty that someone is picking up your slack. Poor choices lead to poor results and unpleasant consequences. Take some pride in how you choose to spend your time - you will be a better person for it. Stealing time from a company that gave you a chance over other applicants is nothing to brag about. Try to mature, be a positive Influence on others and be proud of a job well done.
Play on your own time since I doubt you spend that time bettering yourself in any way.
You make me sad For you and glad For me that you are not part of my team.

Sometimes there's only three shirts left on a table that are properly folded and the rest are a balled jumble. Table is top priority over everything else, brain is looking for an escape because the task requires no problem solving.
I really don't mind zoning and I don't find it all that boring. It can be very relaxing, and I love seeing the results, even if it only lasts a few minutes, lol. I often move the clothing around and remerchandise to make things look nicer, fill in bare spots, and of course size because even a straightened table is often not sized properly. TMs are just as guilty of this as guests.

Last edited:
Most days anymore I would kill to have even a few minutes of downtime so that I could even begin to contemplate the notion of whether or not I'm bored. If I don't have anything else to do, well that's when I can clean, do RTS, update the fulfillment's communication board, audit INFs, go talk to TLs about minor issues that haven't warranted a full blown conversation, fix backroom problems that have been irritating me, etc. On the extraordinarily rare occassions when I don't have any of that stuff that needs doing, I always manage to find something else. Find someone with freight on the floor and help them. Grab a repack from receiving, dump it in a 3 tier and work it out. Help guest services with driveups or returns if they're getting slammed. I've even hopped on a lane without being asked at the end of a shift because why not?

There's always something to do.

To be fair to the OP, they weren't really saying that they had nothing to do, more that they didn't feel like working. That doesn't make things better by any means, but suggesting that they find work to do doesn't actually answer the question, lol.

There are people who do not intend to make Target their career and are just working here to get some money and bide their time until they find something else. Many of them are just not invested in the job. Some don't last that long, but some can hang in there for quite a while, especially if they put on a good show when leadership is around. I'm trying not to sound too judgy, lol, because it's not always that they are bad people, they just aren't in the same mindset as others. We have TMs who have been at my store longer than I have that don't seem like balls of fire, IMO, but what can you do?

To be fair to the OP, they weren't really saying that they had nothing to do, more that they didn't feel like working. That doesn't make things better by any means, but suggesting that they find work to do doesn't actually answer the question, lol.

There are people who do not intend to make Target their career and are just working here to get some money and bide their time until they find something else. Many of them are just not invested in the job. Some don't last that long, but some can hang in there for quite a while, especially if they put on a good show when leadership is around. I'm trying not to sound too judgy, lol, because it's not always that they are bad people, they just aren't in the same mindset as others. We have TMs who have been at my store longer than I have that don't seem like balls of fire, IMO, but what can you do?
Yeah you are true. But no one needs to encourage such behavior and take it lightly . Many people chose to work here even after having good education but seeking for a simple job . I myself wanted to work here because I don’t want to take any work back home and waste all the valuable family time . But being a little honest to the job you are doing doesn’t hurt. It will only make us feel better at the end of the day. Now a days my store is full of young TMs in their late teens who are just coming there to pass time and get money . Meanwhile many older tms who works hard lose their hours for these people . Feels bad seeing the situation and then this thread really made it worse !! 🙄

That's definitely a good point about hours. There are hardworking TMs who want more hours, but told the scheduling has to be "fair" and spread the hours out. I myself have been on the short end of this stick, wanting more hours and seeing TMs who just want to socialize and slack off get more hours than I do. It can be very frustrating.

You guys have taken this extremely out of hand 😒 Who knew so many assumption making Karen’s worked for Target 😂

So many assumptions it’s like you were all angry before I even posted this and got the opportunity to take your frustrations out on someone you don’t even know 🙄

Last edited:
My children learned early on That the word ‘bored’ should never be used. Whenever I heard it they were given something to do that was of MY choice, and they never liked my choices. It did Not take Them long to realize that if they made their own choices they were better off. (They figured out quick they could open a package of Legos/read a book OR tell me they were bored and be made to keep busy by weeding the garden). They are now very self-sufficient and independent, two own their own businesses and the other is climbing the ladder quickly at a large company.
it is a shame that you cannot or will not make positive contributions to your store And help your team succeed. There is Much work That has to get done within a finite amount of payroll, therefore, it is a certainty that someone is picking up your slack. Poor choices lead to poor results and unpleasant consequences. Take some pride in how you choose to spend your time - you will be a better person for it. Stealing time from a company that gave you a chance over other applicants is nothing to brag about. Try to mature, be a positive Influence on others and be proud of a job well done.
Play on your own time since I doubt you spend that time bettering yourself in any way.
You make me sad For you and glad For me that you are not part of my team.
TLDR Karen

🙄 And the op just started a new thread with basically the same title as the one he changed this one to. I think it's about time this one was locked because we aren't getting anywhere with this thread at this point

Better-Call-Saul-Mike-Ehrmantraut-Not-Impressed-Reaction-Jonathan-Banks.gif

This is why we can't have nice things.
WTF people, even after I warned you?

425.gif

Back