Fun/interesting thing to do when you are bored at work...?

I’m so happy that you guys take so much pride in your work and that Target is so important to you . It is truly great to see so many dedicated workers. I don’t think you could possibly grasp how phenomenal you truly are.

We have TMs who have their earbuds in constantly, either listening to music or talking on the phone. I loathe this with every fiber of my being, and if I were leadership I'd ban it from my store when we were open and if people violated it I would ban earbuds completely. So unprofessional.
Definitely agree about wearing the headphones while the store is open. But if it’s after the store closes and the reshop is under control and you’re just putting the finishing touches on the zone, I don’t see the harm in listening to music at a low volume.

I’m so happy that you guys take so much pride in your work and that Target is so important to you . It is truly great to see so many dedicated workers. I don’t think you could possibly grasp how phenomenal you truly are.
Thanks, we are considered “essential” after all.

Maybe you should listen to Ivanka and “find something new”

Ok it is a rough time and perhaps Ivanka is not the ideal spokesperson, but I will say that the idea of encouraging people to obtain job skills and understanding that four-years-plus degrees and jobs that require them are not for everyone is not a bad message.

Thanks, we are considered “essential” after all.

Maybe you should listen to Ivanka and “find something new”

Really? Couldn’t even make it through this harmless thread without exposing your love for Trump 😂 woooow if this isn’t textbook Karen behavior idk what is 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Really? Couldn’t even make it through this harmless thread without exposing your love for Trump 😂 woooow if this isn’t textbook Karen behavior idk what is 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
Well I'm a registered democrat and voted for Hillary in 2016, but sure, make assumptions

Yeh, wish her DAD would 'find something new'.....
Honestly, if she really wanted to help people she should have her products made here in the states instead of in sweatshops overseas.
Just another ditzy blond in a bubble.
Seriously though, I'm sure people who just lost their job look at this campaign and thing "wow, why didn't I think of that?" :rolleyes:

But back to the main thread topic, when isn't there work to do?

What does that even mean? Apparently, only some of us "work" at Target. I'm a single parent who supported my family working at Target. I put a kid through college working at Target. I own a home working at Target. Get over it? Not likely.

Wow, I'm truly impressed. I really didn't think that what Target offers to TM level employees would afford them the opportunity to own a home, or send a child to college.

In all of my years at Target I knew of only one TM that owned a home and she had a partner who also brought income to the table.

It's easy. Many tasks involve the hands but the brain is not needed, like zoning. Repetitive work can be mind numbing and the hours crawl by unless you engage the brain in a creative way.
I am never bored, even if I'm just folding the tables all day, and i find that work goes by pretty fast. Keeping constantly busy makes the time fly.

But I've always been able to keep myself entertained so maybe I just find me fascinating, lol.

Again get off your high horse and chill tf out 🙄 you work at Target try having a real job then you can talk 💁🏻‍♀️(Also idk what bunk ass state you’re from but here min wage is $15)
Excuse me target is a real job!!!! I have a college degree but, get better benefits working at Target. I get health insurance, 401k, paid vacation etc.. what’s not real about that? If I were to take a job in my degree for less pay and less benefits is that a real job?

Wow, I'm truly impressed. I really didn't think that what Target offers to TM level employees would afford them the opportunity to own a home, or send a child to college.

In all of my years at Target I knew of only one TM that owned a home and she had a partner who also brought income to the table.
One of my tm can retired with his 401k alone and no worries about social security by the way he is only 37 and his paycheck goes straight to 401k

Excuse me target is a real job!!!! I have a college degree but, get better benefits working at Target. I get health insurance, 401k, paid vacation etc.. what’s not real about that? If I were to take a job in my degree for less pay and less benefits is that a real job?
Also, want to point out that op might want to be careful about giving away too many personal details about themself on a forum where their bosses might watching. That $15 an hour is a big give away as to which state they live in and which store they work for. Just saying...

Also, want to point out that op might want to be careful about giving away too many personal details about themself on a forum where their bosses might watching. That $15 an hour is a big give away as to which state they live in and which store they work for. Just saying...

My initial thought was that OP does not understand there is difference between minimum wage and Target's new starting pay. But maybe I was wrong to assume

It's easy. Many tasks involve the hands but the brain is not needed, like zoning. Repetitive work can be mind numbing and the hours crawl by unless you engage the brain in a creative way.
I agree that tasks as such would make one bored ( I know i would) . But there is always something that one can do , bales, sweep , create a transfer in his area . I don’t know 🤷‍♀️ I just know that I haven’t been able to get a chance to be bored .

All I hear is a bunch of Karen ass responses to my post.

All I hear is your whiny ass making a post and crying when you don't like the responses. If you want to know, "hey, what's a fun way to help pass the time while working my butt off" or "what practical jokes have you played on your coworkers," then go ahead and ask. But the way your phrased your question got the responses it did. That's just a fact of life. Live with it. Word your next question better and try again. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and be an adult.

All I hear is your whiny ass making a post and crying when you don't like the responses. If you want to know, "hey, what's a fun way to help pass the time while working my butt off" or "what practical jokes have you played on your coworkers," then go ahead and ask. But the way your phrased your question got the responses it did. That's just a fact of life. Live with it. Word your next question better and try again. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and be an adult.
Get out here with your violent ass 🙄

All I hear is a bunch of Karen ass responses to my post.
Consider the fact that you deciding to not do your job hurts your co-workers and guests more than it hurts management.

Nobody's telling you to go out there and be a world beater, but actively trying to do nothing while getting paid for it can only get you so far, and will likely catch up to you at some point.

Back