Archived Fundamentally changing how the floor is staffed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wouldn't be mad if target moved to some sort of department head. Not quite a tl but higher than a tm. Almost like a stepping stone. Where the person is in control of a few sections, research it, fill it, drop pogs for that area, drop fills for that area. Get involved in the pog process for that area. Getting tms more responsibilities over one area, with a slight increase in pay, maybe 11-11.50 could give certain tms the motivation to strive for greatness. Tell them it's a stepping stone for tl.

Target would argue they already do this with the Brand TM. (We know thats BS) however one of the AE2017 changes are that brand TMS are now required to be shift tagged under a specific area (cosmetics, toys, etc) because corporate admitted it was an ambiguous BS postion.

Target would argue they already do this with the Brand TM. (We know thats BS) however one of the AE2017 changes are that brand TMS are now required to be shift tagged under a specific area (cosmetics, toys, etc) because corporate admitted it was an ambiguous BS postion.
We only have softlines brands, who aren't good except our shoes brand, and then we have a cosmetic brand... Who is also bad.

We only have softlines brands, who aren't good except our shoes brand, and then we have a cosmetic brand... Who is also bad.

We're supposed to have a cosmetic brand TM, but all they do is do FAs and cashier backups. Literally not even allowed to work the department.

I think there's a shoe brand TM, but when that person is the only one in softlines, good luck with that!

We're supposed to have a cosmetic brand TM, but all they do is do FAs and cashier backups. Literally not even allowed to work the department.

I think there's a shoe brand TM, but when that person is the only one in softlines, good luck with that!

That is what happened to ours and the shortage got so bad that now that she quit over it cause they blamed her, no matter she was never actually allowed to work her department. The girl we have now was taken from In-Stocks and hates it since she never wanted to do it. But you know you can do 32hrs in cosmetics or 10-20hrs in In-Stocks since we are now on the 8am process.

Without reading through 2 pages of responses, I'd say more cashiers. The salesfloor cannot effectively do their work if they are backing up a greater part of their day. In essence that is more payroll.

Without reading through 2 pages of responses, I'd say more cashiers. The salesfloor cannot effectively do their work if they are backing up a greater part of their day. In essence that is more payroll.
We already have too many cashiers at times. Mostly in the morning time. I often walk past them and see two to three of them talking, laughing, having a grand ol time. There's only one lod that'll make them start pushing reshop.

We already have too many cashiers at times. Mostly in the morning time. I often walk past them and see two to three of them talking, laughing, having a grand ol time. There's only one lod that'll make them start pushing reshop.

The GSTL that does scheduling has one opener, who is at SCO. Second is not for another hour, at 8. Third at 9, for sco #2, then fourth at 930. That's it until usually 1130.

Is your scheduler scheduling based on the need graph in MyTime?

The GSTL that does scheduling has one opener, who is at SCO. Second is not for another hour, at 8. Third at 9, for sco #2, then fourth at 930. That's it until usually 1130.

Is your scheduler scheduling based on the need graph in MyTime?
No idea, I don't mess around with the front end. Just always assumed hr made the schedule. Usually for the first half hour or so it's just sco, and that person might jump on a lane.

It really is, and it sucks. I'd love to go to a store and run an instocks team where they have at least 120 hours and 3-4 great team members. Give me full control and we would work wonders.

You would hate our store, instocks is treated as secondary flow team. I think the ETL-LOGs biggest concern is the RFID scan, otherwise they're just pushing truck.

i think we need dedicated TMs for each area, they get 20 aisles and have to keep that area zoned and full.
So if Grocery is 40 aisles you need 2 TMs to keep it full and zoned all day long. No more mid day zone, it's and all day zone.
C is 40 aisles you need 2 TMs in that area.

Psh, with the new Grocery role out, there are days that people cant even finish pushing our truck. Usually on average there are 10-15 tms in grocery alone. I mean, it can and should work, but the routines and follow ups are a must.

You would hate our store, instocks is treated as secondary flow team. I think the ETL-LOGs biggest concern is the RFID scan, otherwise they're just pushing truck.

What we are going to become at my store. Switching to 4am and already you can tell they are no longer trying to finish trucks. Leaving all of HBA/Cosmetics every time along with softlines.

Good TMs are getting horribly burnt out and either not trying as hard as they normally do or are moving on to new jobs, leaving behind TMs who were only ever trained on how to do their jobs quickly, not well. If you're looking for some sort of solution, all I can think of is to coach, retrain, and (if necessary) fire people at all levels. Unfortunately, if Target can't attract new TMs who are committed to doing their job well, this will only make things worse.

Edit: I edited out a paragraph at the beginning of this, so the tone is weird. Sorry about that!

At my store it starts with protecting our veterans. They should get priority for hours (although I disagree when a vet gets 40 and a new person gets 4 for a week. A 32/12 split or something along those lines is much more equitable.

We had a new hire who went to the bench in one month. She was hailed as the next big thing. She left our store after 4 months. Leadership put her on a pedastool but ignored people who have shown loyalty to the company.

As far as making our store look good. We all are crunched for hours but our ETL HR and STL agreed to focus on instocks. It's less busy now so things aren't just going to fly off shelves. They cut hardlines and softlines hours slightly to pad our instocks teams.

Now our shelves are full, capacities are fixed and the store looks great.

I love what they both said. It's so true - hours need to be respected, towards the people who have busted there butt off longer then new tms. However, if the TMs who have been there longer have attendance issues, understandable.

I trained two new electronics TMs, both had more hours then me for three weeks leading up to black friday. We all had open arability, they had 10 hours more then me about.

But, i feel like everyone gets burnt out sooner or later and it just sucks.

Yeah the problem with the coverage graph, it doesn't account for the break schedule being written by a GSA the day of.

So when the store gets busy at noon. Our opening cashier is on lunch, our 10 am is on break and help is coming at 1230 when we need it now.

We have one opener and one SCO which is fine but we have another come in at 8 and another at 830 and since the store is dead until 9 they are sitting their reading gossip magazines and arguing over who has the cutest grandkids.

One thing I hate is coming to work and having to clean up after someone. I have enough to do during my shift and I shouldn't have to spend an hour catching up.

An hour? I would love to waste just an hour. I spend my entire time scanning the task list fixing flow push errors then waste another hour doing a smart huddle which is always two things now. Push freezer from the C&S truck or POG push cause neither team is required to actually finish or allocate their time correctly so it always gets dumped on In-stocks and salesfloor who are REQUIRED unlike POG who don't have time to push their own crap.

An hour? I would love to waste just an hour. I spend my entire time scanning the task list fixing flow push errors then waste another hour doing a smart huddle which is always two things now. Push freezer from the C&S truck or POG push cause neither team is required to actually finish or allocate their time correctly so it always gets dumped on In-stocks and salesfloor who are REQUIRED unlike POG who don't have time to push their own crap.

Not sure how it is at your store but our POG team hours have been cut quite a lot. Flow overspends like mad and for some reason Presentation and Pricing are the ones that need to cut. That makes total sense!

Preach!

So much good stuff here!

I think we can all agree that the replenishment process (i.e. flow) is one of our biggest misses when it comes to efficiency. In a perfect world, the flow team could unload, push, zone, and shoot outs. This is not a perfect world, and even if all of that could be done with 100 hours/truck (+/- 10-20), those TM's often are not the most well-trained TM's in the store.

What about this? Take your best say 6-8 flow TM's. The ones who are the cream of the flow crop. Bring those 8 TM's in two hours after the unload starts. Basically, these TM's are walking in at 8am right when the truck is down to just repacks/combos/carts. Their job is to do the detail work. They all have devices, they work all of the carts/repacks, they zone as they work out product, and then they shoot outs in the areas they just worked.

Essentially, it would be like dividing your flow team into two teams. One that was more bulk freight, PIPO push, and case stock (a no myDevice team), and a more detail oriented, zone aware (a myDevice equipped) team. Thoughts?

Not sure how it is at your store but our POG team hours have been cut quite a lot. Flow overspends like mad and for some reason Presentation and Pricing are the ones that need to cut. That makes total sense!

Ours have been getting 40 every week. Lots of resets throughout our store (sporting goods, toothpaste, shavers, hygeine)

So much good stuff here!

I think we can all agree that the replenishment process (i.e. flow) is one of our biggest misses when it comes to efficiency. In a perfect world, the flow team could unload, push, zone, and shoot outs. This is not a perfect world, and even if all of that could be done with 100 hours/truck (+/- 10-20), those TM's often are not the most well-trained TM's in the store.

What about this? Take your best say 6-8 flow TM's. The ones who are the cream of the flow crop. Bring those 8 TM's in two hours after the unload starts. Basically, these TM's are walking in at 8am right when the truck is down to just repacks/combos/carts. Their job is to do the detail work. They all have devices, they work all of the carts/repacks, they zone as they work out product, and then they shoot outs in the areas they just worked.

Essentially, it would be like dividing your flow team into two teams. One that was more bulk freight, PIPO push, and case stock (a no myDevice team), and a more detail oriented, zone aware (a myDevice equipped) team. Thoughts?
No. Those good workers need to be there the whole time. It's also not there job to zone or to research empty holes. There are teams for that sole purpose. Yes flow is a team with many imperfections usually. But there job is to push the truck and the autofills. They just have to make sure that it's getting pushed correctly. That's it.

Cut POG hours? Yeah no.. They get to work what they want and leave whatever crap left over for everyone else to clean up. I know since I spend my afternoons cleaning up shit they leave everywhere.

Our team POG team spends too much time discussing personal lives and receipes so our flow winds up pushing and then the TL gets coached for over spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back