Archived Fundamentally changing how the floor is staffed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut POG hours? Yeah no.. They get to work what they want and leave whatever crap left over for everyone else to clean up. I know since I spend my afternoons cleaning up shit they leave everywhere.
One of my team had 24hrs last week, two had 32. Two have 32 again this week. We get cut same as everyone if the workload supports it.

An hour? I would love to waste just an hour. I spend my entire time scanning the task list fixing flow push errors then waste another hour doing a smart huddle which is always two things now. Push freezer from the C&S truck or POG push cause neither team is required to actually finish or allocate their time correctly so it always gets dumped on In-stocks and salesfloor who are REQUIRED unlike POG who don't have time to push their own crap.
That hour is just cleaning up after that person.

Then they get scheduled under In-Stocks hours and still doing POG. Hrm..
Not in our store. Instocks hours only get jacked to support flow/truck.

Our instocks team rates top ten in district/ group for numbers. They don't fuck with that. Metrics before flow.

Not in our store. Instocks hours only get jacked to support flow/truck.

Our instocks team rates top ten in district/ group for numbers. They don't fuck with that. Metrics before flow.
Same here, once and a great while we will have to help pog. More often than not I volunteer to help pog when we get a head. But flow is what screws up instocks the most.

We had a new hire who went to the bench in one month. She was hailed as the next big thing. She left our store after 4 months. Leadership put her on a pedastool but ignored people who have shown loyalty to the company.
Same happened here. She was flow for 1 month and they capped her to be the new lead. Very young, bad attitude. She left the company 1 month after.

I've been on the bench for almost a year, my stl has told me where she wants me and that she doesn't want to lose me to another store... Starting to get tired of waiting though and have started looking for leadership positions in other stores because they're starting to gut my team's hours.

We need to focus on accuracy in all areas of the store. Break old POGs, store tie flex endcaps, make sure capacities are correct, things are pushed into the right location (not overstocked), locate backstock. There's so much double work in the store it's insane.
If TMs could get decent amount of hours, and decent pay, they might want to do a good job, and take pride in their work.
If I know no one is gonna check my work, my pay is minimum wage, and I'm getting crappy hours, there's no motivation to keep the job.
Pay well. Make Target a place where people compete to get a job, and you'll get better people, who will do the job well, and actually might save Target some payroll (and not scare away our guests with various unprofessional behaviors).

Maybe there is a need for good basic training. How to read shelf labels and how they correspond to the location label on the box. I have watched TMs that open each box to see what is inside, matches it up with what they see on the shelf and then shoves the case amount onto the shelf.

Our store has gone through a new exec team and a good portion of the team members have changed but the team leaders have not. The same issues are still occurring and it's like no one sees the writing on the wall. The team leaders have been in their positions for at least 8 to ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back