Archived Funny stories about Guest Theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might give me away, but we had one break the front door. Blood everywhere! Tried to steal the iPod case (I think this was before the iPad), but it's screwed down of course. So they took the display on top that had the fake iPods!

Took us about a year to get the new green Enter sticker!

AP was following around a guest today, and while the guest was in line and checking out with me, AP stood at the front not too far from me talking. Their jaws both dropped when I managed to get a Redcard application out of the guest.

If you noticed that... remembering their info would have been great on your part!

I had a woman go through my line with a huge order of items with repackage stickers on them. I scan the first one: a package of Tommie Tippee baby bottles. The sticker was for a package of Hanes underwear that costs around six dollars new and was now four twenty something. I point this out to the guest after I scan the main barcode which showed it actually cost thirty dollars. I then do the same thing with the next item which showed the same brand and price discrepancy. I let her know that the repackage sticker could not have been for those items and that someone must have switched them. I do not accuse her of anything; I just said someone must have put them on the wrong thing. She quickly takes everything off the belt after I ask if she would like someone to meet her over where she had found everything. She says, yes, and buggers off. As soon as she's gone I turn on my flasher and got a hold of AP. I later found out the nut had meticulously peeled the repackage stickers off of various things in softlines and put it on the stuff she planned on purchasing. Just more proof that some people have waaay too much time on their hands.

I had a guest once with an item lacking a tag, so I sent him to go get one that had a tag. I continued ringing up his items while he was away, and I opened a box of shoes into which he'd stuffed 9 sets of earrings. He looked pretty panicked when he came back and saw the box was open. He has not been back, lol.

they left the declined check at the counter (with the name and address I might add), and a guest was smart enough to use a display camera to take a picture of their faces.

Hmm, guess if they were caught they were really that stupid, but in general, anyone that tried paying with a check, and then stole the items when that failed would be using a fake check as far as I am concerned, and that wouldn't actually be their name or address typically.

A number of the stores in my area have entrances where the sensors are a few feet away from the doors. There is merchandise on the opposite side of the doors. Apparently, there was a guest who was taking small, high-ticket items and throwing them out of the merchandise areas into the areas between the sensors and the doors, or simply throwing them OVER the sensors, picking them up and walking out the doors. He hit multiple stores and they estimate he got away with thousands of dollars worth of merchandise!!! One store has their flu-shot area set up right by the sensors and their test strips & nicotine replacement products are nearby. He apparently cleared the shelves, simply by swiping them all into bags and putting them on the flu shot table. No AP was on duty, the pharmacy was closed, and he was shielded from the check lanes by the flu shot privacy "wall." I heard the estimate is over $3K from that store alone! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back