Archived GameStop joins Staple closing on Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard rumors of 4 or 5 but again these are just rumors nothing concrete. I am not even sure how people are knowing things...... I think it's speculation mostly.

I am pretty sure that is all that it is currently. We won't know probably til the week the schedule comes out.

Yep yep. I really,really hope it isn't 4. I would like to enjoy my dinner. I would hate to say thanks but I really can't stay for dinner this year gotta go to work.

...because it's not profitable for them to stay open. Once people stop shopping on Thanksgiving, more stores will stay closed. No companies are closing out of the goodness of their hearts.

Except the ones that never did it in the first place like Costco.
They never found out if it would be profitable because they cared about their people enough to not even try.

I'll work all day on Thanksgiving. I'm good for some extra money. No kids, no wife. I can understand though that it's entirely different for a lot of other team members/leaders though

I love the title of that press release. "GameStop Takes a Stand!" Shaming the other companies that don't follow suit.

GameStop is actually a store that has people shop on BF, so that's something

But it isn't profitable, We always end up with that gigantic lul in people that make being open not worth it.
That's why they had us take a truck last year. Made the period of time with hardly any guests more productive... That worked so well we left half the truck on the line and had to push it over the next 2 days.

Target will NEVER close on Thanksgiving... I am guessing we will open at 4pm this year!

from what i saw on our printer my stl did the schedule for the etls for november and december. I saw they are schedule to come in at 4 and 5 pm on thanksgiving. Im thinking a 6pm opening again for bf.
He printed it and I guess he forgot about it and left the etl schedule on the printer.

from what i saw on our printer my stl did the schedule for the etls for november and december. I saw they are schedule to come in at 4 and 5 pm on thanksgiving. Im thinking a 6pm opening again for bf.
He printed it and I guess he forgot about it and left the etl schedule on the printer.

Should've taken a picture and sent it to the press :p

I don't know the time but I'm sure we will be open on Thanksgiving. There's too many references to a possible Thursday working day in the execution guides being sent out for that not to be the case.

Thanksgiving shouldn't even be a holiday. Sure, that's an unpopular opinion, but that doesn't make it less valid. Most holidays are crap.

Thanksgiving shouldn't even be a holiday. Sure, that's an unpopular opinion, but that doesn't make it less valid. Most holidays are crap.

So. A lot of holidays were created for dumb reasons. For me thanksgiving used to be a day that my whole family (except the few with hospital jobs) can come together to eat and have fun. I still have Christmas for that so I'm not terribly angry about thanksgiving being lost. And I still get a plate to take to work on thanksgiving.

Even if black Friday was on a random ass non holiday Thursday/Friday, I wouldn't understand the hype lol. Like do these people know the internet exists??

See to me Thanksgiving is one of the few holidays that retail hasn't been able to commercialize to death which is why they are paving over it.
Sure the stores are able to sell some turkeys and extra food but there isn't big money to be made so screw that holiday, right?

Now I'm Jewish so Christmas isn't important, while Hanukkah is just a minor holiday that's been jumped up to compete but is really for the kids anyway.
To me Thanksgiving is the only secular holiday that is really based around themes that matter.
Being thankful for the things you have in this life, sharing them with your family and the people who matter to you, spending some quality time with those people, and putting together a special feast/meal/time to celebrate those ideas.
As someone who enjoys cooking, loves my kids, and wants to share in the time I have with them not with a frelling retail job, Thanksgiving is important.

I understand that not everyone feels that way but it pisses me off that companies have crushed Thanksgiving with no consideration for those of us who do.

Thanksgiving should be a holiday but Christmas and easter I would gladly work ( I don't celebrate them) I mean truthfully Christmas and Easter is a religious holiday while Thanksgiving is more of a holiday to spend with the family so therefore it should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back