Archived GE ETL trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetargetman

I am a Guest once again!
a few weeks ago I was talking with HR about my development because I am interested in becoming a GSTL. a few days later I was at Guest service handling an exchange that was past the 90 days and I saw the signature of the LOD and I fully intended to process the exchange but some how I drew a blank and I politely asked for assistance. After it was done I went back to work and my GSTL told me since I wanted to be a GSTL the GE ETL had to speak with me and I was excited thinking "awesome" well I got in the office and she started yelling at me accusing me of not listening to her or respecting her decisions and I felt so bad leaving that office and I don't think my GSTL knew she was going to yell at me, ever since that day the GE ETL does not make eye contact with me or even like speaking with me. This woman is a total (and excuse my language) bitch to a lot of other team members and seems to play favorites. Do any of you think I will have problems with an interview with her or is this all in my head. (sorry if this does not count as part of this section)

I moved your thread to where folks would be more likely to see it.
I'd say you are going to have to wait for the crazy lady to move on before you have any chance of promotion.
On a side note, she did have a right to be annoyed that you didn't follow her initiated notice.
Now she has to put up with the pissed off guest.
She didn't, however, have the right to scream at you.

thanks commiecorvus. yea I understand what you are saying. I am thinking I will have to interview and transfer to another store because I think that lady is going to be our GE ETL for a few more years until she retires. l find it kind of crazy in a way that she gets to be as unprofessional as she wants and talk with her friends or fellow ETLs when they come in for something but if I did that Id get in trouble. (sorry I am just venting a little)

Yea now in my defense that guest was not pissed off or even upset.. I even apologized to him but I wanted it to be done right the first time for him, he even said it was fine. I think that old bat just overheard things and misunderstood. Oy I can't wait till she retires!

I know no one is likely to care but I think things with me and this ETL are looking up. but I am being extra careful and trying to "keep my nose clean" as the saying goes.

Thanks Hardlinesmaster. I am trying to make sure I am always nice and always doing everything with a smile even though I want to scream at her.

This may sound awful but the other day when I went into my old store to pick stuff up I ran into that bitch of an ETL when she was on register back up and I had ALOT of stuff I was buying.... it felt GREAT giving her all my coupons and needing things bagged in a very particular way. I was nothing but polite about everything I was requesting of her. Seeing her with a forced smile... and her knowing she is not the boss of me anymore and has to be professional with me... It may have been petty on my part but after all her bullying for the past year and a half revenge felt good!

Last edited:
If it had been any other TM I would not have cared how things were bagged or even been so picky about using coupons. :D

karma.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back