Archived Geek Squad National Roll out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, just found out today that there is NO national rollout. Best Buy pulled out from Target.

They had this big meeting with all GS agents from the Target stores this morning, and they were pretty much told they were all getting laid off. A Target representative was there from corporate and expressed how hard they tried at keeping GS at Target but Best Buy didn't see it profitable for them (all per GS agents that were there). Our store got direction to take out all GS signage and destroy, and roll back out the old ESPs.... this sucks, especially since I loved our agents. The funny part is that it isn't Target that's screwing up this time, it's Best Buy. Oh well, have fun with your declining sales and store closures.

Well guys, just found out today that there is NO national rollout. Best Buy pulled out from Target.

They had this big meeting with all GS agents from the Target stores this morning, and they were pretty much told they were all getting laid off. A Target representative was there from corporate and expressed how hard they tried at keeping GS at Target but Best Buy didn't see it profitable for them (all per GS agents that were there). Our store got direction to take out all GS signage and destroy, and roll back out the old ESPs.... this sucks, especially since I loved our agents. The funny part is that it isn't Target that's screwing up this time, it's Best Buy. Oh well, have fun with your declining sales and store closures.
Could be possible.
Here is the last news release on geek team:
http://www.smartbrief.com/news/nrf/...A785B9D5F&brief=nrf&sb_code=rss&&campaign=rss

Gah, Geek Squad is so bad. It's so annoying to know more than one of their reps and yet have them insist something is wrong and try to charge me an exorbitant amount for it.

My favorite special of theirs was when they offered to setup your PS3 for only $100. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back