Archived Gen merch leader who runs inbound, hows that going for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a former backroom TL who was moved to Inbound, given keys, annnnnd as part of the GM I’m in charge of all of domestics, decor, beds, storage, and seasonal. I have 4 DBO’s and our trucks avg around 2000+. Now on top of that every endcap is resetting along with revisions. pC is behind both sales floor and backroom. Long story short you GM’s who run inbound how are you holding up?

Why don’t you have priority 1 as inbound? Paper chem pets hba is all my inbound has. My gmtl that has pog has domestics, so when pog is done we set his salesplans. I’m doing them tomorrow and Wednesday.

I’m a former backroom TL who was moved to Inbound, given keys, annnnnd as part of the GM I’m in charge of all of domestics, decor, beds, storage, and seasonal. I have 4 DBO’s and our trucks avg around 2000+. Now on top of that every endcap is resetting along with revisions. pC is behind both sales floor and backroom. Long story short you GM’s who run inbound how are you holding up?
Why don’t you have priority 1 as inbound? Paper chem pets hba is all my inbound has. My gmtl that has pog has domestics, so when pog is done we set his salesplans. I’m doing them tomorrow and Wednesday.
The inbound GM TL at my store is definitely getting the short end of the stick. They have b,c,d, seasonal, and reverse logistics. Our trucks are usually about 2000. I honestly think she is about to lose it soon.
I wouldn't blame her.

The GM TL over paper/chem/pets/pharmacy has transitions. The GM TL over toys, sporting goods, infant hardlines, entertainment, and Spots Playground is also over OPU.

We have 2 inboud TL's just in charge of inbound we have one GM TL over Home, one GM TL over toys, sporting goods, and entertainment also in charge of presentation, one GM TL over Paper/Pets/Chem/OTC and backroom, and one GM TL over Seasonal, Baby Hardlines, Stationary, and OPU

The inbound GM TL at my store is definitely getting the short end of the stick. They have b,c,d, seasonal, and reverse logistics. Our trucks are usually about 2000. I honestly think she is about to lose it soon.
I wouldn't blame her.

The GM TL over paper/chem/pets/pharmacy has transitions. The GM TL over toys, sporting goods, infant hardlines, entertainment, and Spots Playground is also over OPU.
This is exactly how our store is running too.

Interesting that you don't have priority one...i thought the thinking was inbound GM should have priority one because their teams would be in the building the same time. Our GM1 has logistic processes and priority 1 hba/otc/pets/chem & paper. When GM TM come in they do price accuracy labels. Check re-shop. Now pull their pulls. Push truck backstock. TL helps with sales planners, revisions and transitions which are quite challenging.

I hope MR Cornell revisit this disaster that he has caused and at least bring some of the key teams back. There should be a backroom team. Who’s going to deal with all the incoming freight during 4th qtr when everything resets in the store. There is no way the DBO’s can handle that. Also pricing. I bet stores are losing a ton of money with price accuracy labels and clearance isn’t being done. Inbound leader. Running a truck and then a huge department is ludicrous. The inbound leader should own the truck process, backroom, fulfillment,and pricing. It’s an operations position so let us run operations.

I wouldn't blame her.

Every store is different. No one knows what you mean when you say they have b c d etc.

Every store is different. No one knows what you mean when you say they have b c d etc.
I realized that after the fact and figured it could be deduced by what was already named, or I would have edited it.

My TL has inbound, stationary, office, home appliances, domestics, beds, plastics, and seasonal. Pretty much they have B, C, D, seasonal, and inbound. I think flex might be under this TL but I'm not sure. I feel like this position has so many more areas than other TLs

My TL has inbound, stationary, office, home appliances, domestics, beds, plastics, and seasonal. Pretty much they have B, C, D, seasonal, and inbound. I think flex might be under this TL but I'm not sure. I feel like this position has so many more areas than other TLs
If they have flex, bless them. At least my store was kind enough to give that to the lead over Toys, Infants, Sporting Goods, Entertainment, and Spots Playground.

I been new to GM1 TL for about 4months now, on non truck days I’m now expected to run the store.

GM1 inbound and alll priority 1 with exception of babies and market. Inbound team is pretty solid I no longer have to spend my entire morning baby sitting. I ensure they are set up with extra vehicles if needed and then check in w DBOs. My team have really embraced their areas. Transition are challenging so we work together to get through them. Sales planners are now a breeze. Price accuracy labels get done daily. Clearance gets marked by end of week. If one of my TM has little work they will help in another priority 1 area. We still have a great deal of team work in my store with the DBO making sure their areas are complete before jumping in to help others.

We have 2 inboud TL's just in charge of inbound we have one GM TL over Home, one GM TL over toys, sporting goods, and entertainment also in charge of presentation, one GM TL over Paper/Pets/Chem/OTC and backroom, and one GM TL over Seasonal, Baby Hardlines, Stationary, and OPU
High volume? Just inbound only. Lucky you.

We have just been told that LOD Is no more.
Team leads are supposed to ‘run the store’ like the Execs ( that we no longer have )used to.
We have a SD, one ETL log that is in early and leaves early, and 3 new TL. None of which has ever been SR. Or LOD. Didn’t SR. TL go for training to be LOD’s ? I have NO IDEA how to be an LOD/what is involved in running the store/what to do if we have a visit or an accident or an emergency!
We were sat down, told be prepared with stats and run the store. Not a minute of training HOW to do that other than a 4 minute ‘safe and secure’ walk, which didn’t ease my fears at all!
I am very 😦🥺😰: anxious, nervous, downright frightened !
Anyone else out there NOT ready to ‘run the store’ !!! OH MY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back