Archived General Question about possibly calling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be having to call in tonight at Target, but I am still on my 90 day probationary period. I know may have to call in already. I'am having to move, and two people I live with (parents) are borderline elderly, one has artitus in there joints, and the other has a bad back and heart.

The people that were suppose to help us, never showed up, and it's falling on me to pull my weight and then some. No problem with that, my worry is that I may get into trouble calling in during this 90 day probation, as a seasonal employee.

Fact is I need this job, and was told that we will be offered a position after Seasonal is over. I'am Over night flow/stocking.

I know I can get ahold of my boss early this morning, and let him know at least before the next shift starts (was off today).

My question is will I be terminated if I have to call in because I was up all day moving, and got no rest before going in tonight?

I have not missed any work, even came in when the weather was so bad we had barely a dozen people working. I work overtime, just about everyday as well. My usual only question is if I can leave at 7:30 or 8:00am.

I'am just worried as this is only my third week in, and I REALLY need this job to pay my rent.

What do? Should I call my Supervisor early this morning and talk to him?

I wouldn't tell him that's the reason you're calling out if you want to get carried over.
It might sound harsh but they are looking for people who don't let their personal life get in the way.

So either call in and tell them you've been throwing up for the past couple of hours or go in, flop around for a while and see if you can go home early.

I wouldn't tell him that's the reason you're calling out if you want to get carried over.
It might sound harsh but they are looking for people who don't let their personal life get in the way.

So either call in and tell them you've been throwing up for the past couple of hours or go in, flop around for a while and see if you can go home early.

Here is the deal they already know I'am moving. I had to let them know ahead of time, otherwise the boxes I was setting aside for myself would have been tossed in the compactor while I was working. I called to give them a heads up already.

I'am hoping my honesty got me some points. Since I don't have to be until 10:30pm tonight, if we can get done, what we need to get done by about 1pm..I should be able to squeeze out some shut eye, and be able to go in. It really depends though.

Thanks for the advice though, even if it was too late hehe.

This sounds like something you can tough out, to be honest. Save your call-ins for actual emergencies, not because you're a little tired from the day.

Since I don't have to be until 10:30pm tonight, if we can get done, what we need to get done by about 1pm..

Wait, done at 1PM? Sounds like a non-issue to me.

I'd agree this is something you can tough out if you have several hours before the shift starts. Take some coffee or a redbull and get in the zone. This is one thing I wish I saw more of being a team leader - if you want to keep the job, prove it to yourself and everyone else!

Weren't you the one who posted before chastising your fellow team members for calling out because of the icy roads in Texas? Seems a little hypocritical to me. Drink an energy drink and suck it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back