Archived Get a Saturday off from target.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had a few times they called me to come in, but i was already scheduled to work that day anyway "sorry i uhhhh already work for you at about that same time..."
We've had ETLs call people in to work who were already in the store working at the time.

Anyway if it was me and I didn't want to work I just wouldn't answer it. If they questioned me about it I would say I wasn't home. If it was your cell phone that is a different story I guess but I didn't give my cell number and never understood why people do. Still they can't really do anything if you show up for your scheduled shift.

There's a chance the good GSTL is being replaced with a horrible one, and they don't like me.

If they don't like you, then that's too bad for them. Especially if you are a top performer. Like I said before, your ETL-GE and HR would have to be involved, so even if your GSTL doesn't like you, they have to have a valid reason to want you out. Just be the best cashier you can be and you shouldn't have any problems.

So for the past month, every day I don't work, they call me. That's only been like four or five days, but still. I guess I have to remove my home phone number because they call in the morning and wake up family members. They do not care when I tell them that they're doing this (it's my secondary number anyway)...I mean, they will feign caring but will call anyway. They have abused their privilege. If they continue to abuse this privilege, I will not only remove my home number (which is definitely happening), my cell number will be changed with the number for the nearest Target). Call them into work.

Also they have to please stop pretending to care about work/life balance. It is simply embarrassing.

Last edited:
I always get called in on my days off. Yeah it sucks, but it looks good if ya do. I've only told them I couldn't come in once and that was because I was hung over and I wasn't going to drive to work in that condition. In short be as flexible as you can, but know your limits, and know that you can always say no.

I only say no/don't answer because they keep calling me when I already have 40 hours or close to it. No reason to come in on my day off for them when they're just going to send me home early another day. If they approved OT it would be a different story.

I only say no/don't answer because they keep calling me when I already have 40 hours or close to it. No reason to come in on my day off for them when they're just going to send me home early another day. If they approved OT it would be a different story.

Quoting for truth. My LOD asked me if I could work a shift the night before our big ceo detail walk and I had to say no unless she could approve OT. I was already at 37hrs for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back