Archived Getting a Back Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week, my back was hurting a bit and it concerned my family considering that if I threw my back out, I could be out for weeks. Is there a recommended back brace I could get from somewhere (I work on the flow team)?

I think they might have been made illegal for store use some time ago,on the grounds that they gave a false sense of security,might be wrong about that but I have not seen any of them in the store for a long time.

I think they might have been made illegal for store use some time ago,on the grounds that they gave a false sense of security,might be wrong about that but I have not seen any of them in the store for a long time.

Pretty sure they're not 'illegal', just that Target doesn't provide them partially because safely lifting is better prevention for back injury and cost (they ain't cheap).
Uline makes a decent lumbar pad belt http://www.uline.com/BL_256/Lumbar-Pad-Belts for work but really they are only for mild back pain that you don't want to get worse.
If it does get worse, see a doctors ASAP and not a frelling chiropractor.

If you hurt your back at spot, you should report it promptly. Back braces don't always work, depending on the area of the back that hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back