Getting a Back Brace

Last week, my back was hurting a bit and it concerned my family considering that if I threw my back out, I could be out for weeks. Is there a recommended back brace I could get from somewhere (I work on the flow team)?

I think they might have been made illegal for store use some time ago,on the grounds that they gave a false sense of security,might be wrong about that but I have not seen any of them in the store for a long time.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
I think they might have been made illegal for store use some time ago,on the grounds that they gave a false sense of security,might be wrong about that but I have not seen any of them in the store for a long time.

Pretty sure they're not 'illegal', just that Target doesn't provide them partially because safely lifting is better prevention for back injury and cost (they ain't cheap).
Uline makes a decent lumbar pad belt http://www.uline.com/BL_256/Lumbar-Pad-Belts for work but really they are only for mild back pain that you don't want to get worse.
If it does get worse, see a doctors ASAP and not a frelling chiropractor.

If you hurt your back at spot, you should report it promptly. Back braces don't always work, depending on the area of the back that hurts.