Archived Getting a FDC worked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

Just wondering what other GM stores do in order to get their FDC truck worked out in a timely manner. We get our truck Thursday evenings, but sometimes it is not until well after the store closes. In any event this means it needs to be worked the following morning, but is rarely the case. Our STL is giving the flow team the hours to complete this, but they never seem to finish it on time. One week the person they had doing was working on it the following Monday. Told my STL today that was going to ask my ETL to schedule me for that on Friday, as I have only gotten 40 hours 1 week in the past few months. I worked part of it this afternoon, as I saw several items that I knew would all go to the floor.

I am hoping when they move us from the Phoenix FDC to Iowa FDC that our delivery time changes. Might allow us to work the truck when arrives.

Also have problems with them sending me to many eggs. They are sending so many that we don't have the space to backstock, as they have to be on a bottom shelf in the event the leak (on floor rather than other food). I have Mysupprted, but I am not sure if this did any good. I think I QMOS more than I sale in several weeks. Also kind of afraid they will send extra for Easter, but I really hope not. Other stores having the same problem?

All I can speak to is the eggs. We have the Iowa FDC. One week they forgot to send us our eggs...and we had already run out before our scheduled delivery. So we were out for a week and a half. I suspect if you switch FDCs, your excess egg problem will quickly disappear. That or we are super unlucky.

What we've done in the past is leave the eggs sorted on a pallet and set up a temporary "Z" location in the dairy cooler and backstock to that location.

How could it be "well after the store closes"? Is it within the hour after close? We schedule 4 flow TMs to do it in 3 hours the next day when it comes on a truck day and later in the day when it comes on a non-truck day. Sometimes they finish.

Our FDC always comes early in the morning. We have a small crew over there to work out the auto fills & then start on the truck. At 8am after huddle the whole store comes over and pushes freezer & dairy. After that, the PAs are left with produce.

My BR team is split into 2 teams, FDC and BR. Each team helps the other when its needed. My FDC team is specifically trained for the FDC truck, they also help flow when the truck is late. We were also an overnight delivery till we switched to the new FDC in Denton. Now pretty much everyone around here is a daytime delivery except a small handful of stores.
On the eggs, we never have all the eggs we need, so we pretty much flex out whats extra. When we do have all we need we continue to work them out the next day when there's no truck. But basically we don't ever backstock any eggs regardless. As far as working on it with 5 people dedicated to the FDC process, they are able to break down the truck work it and backstock it pretty much on their own. Bigger trucks take longer obviously then the rest of the BR comes to help.

How could it be "well after the store closes"? Is it within the hour after close? We schedule 4 flow TMs to do it in 3 hours the next day when it comes on a truck day and later in the day when it comes on a non-truck day. Sometimes they finish.
I really don't mean too much after the store closes, but last week it came around 10:50pm. Our Thursday night LOD stayed, as he did not want to work around the GM truck the following morning. Really hope the new DC gets our truck here earlier. Not really sure where we will be on the on routing for the truck. Right now we are the last of 4 or 5 stores. Also the winter weather including high winds can effect our delivery time.

What we've done in the past is leave the eggs sorted on a pallet and set up a temporary "Z" location in the dairy cooler and backstock to that location.
I may have to suggest to our BR team leader.

I may have to suggest to our BR team leader.

It works real well when there are just a ton eggs that come in and you can't backstock it where you normally would. Works well especially around Easter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back