Archived Getting Baited By Team Leads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe you are being baited, as I currently am being baited for the TL bench, even as I get recognized by our DTL and GTL I feel as though I still am.

The person you say who is moving would have to move first before you would see REAL electronics time, as hours are as low as they will be for the whole year, and the person transferring still needs a paycheck too. I would say stick it out and you will see results, if this was for TL bench, it would be a totally different story.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you expecting the GSTL to communicate to the Electronics TL on your behalf? If so, do not expect anything to happen. If you're a good performer, your GSTLs will want to keep you up there for sure; your red cards make them look good.

Talk to the Electronics TL yourself. That is how you'll actually get the ball rolling. If that doesn't work, talk to a Hardlines ETL.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but are you expecting the GSTL to communicate to the Electronics TL on your behalf? If so, do not expect anything to happen. If you're a good performer, your GSTLs will want to keep you up there for sure; your red cards make them look good.

Talk to the Electronics TL yourself. That is how you'll actually get the ball rolling. If that doesn't work, talk to a Hardlines ETL.

I'm reiterating this because there is a TM at my store in the same position, he is in the top 10 for conversion of all our cashiers, and he wants to transfer to hardlines. He asked one of the GSTLs 3 weeks ago and followed up a week later, only to find out the GSTL hadn't even brought it up with the ETL-hardines because the front end doesn't want HL to poach him from them, he talked to ETL-Hardlines directly (who at my store handles all workcenter transfers into any HL dept even if there's a TL) and has been getting shifts there since then to see if it works.

Hello, I've been with the store I work at for almost 3 months now. In February on the 10th, I will have been. Recently though I've been having a problem. Over the past month and a half, I've been kept getting told I'm being moved into Electronics, and that they're keeping me cashiering for just a couple more weeks and I'll be over there and cross trained. Normally this wouldn't annoy me, if there were Electronics shifts present on my schedule to be moved over, but since last week when I did my 2 Electronics shifts I had (Ended up getting 100% attachment and 4 Red Cards, which was extremely awesome), I've had no idea of the communication between the front end team lead and the electronics team lead. This also wouldn't bug me, if I didn't hate cashiering so much. I'm done with cashiering, and they know I am, but I feel like I'm being kept up front and caught in a bind because it keeps me working harder than the TMs who can't compensate for the work flow I produce between Service Desk and Cashiering which almost always 1110%. Am I being baited by my team leads like a carrot on a stick, or am I just overthinking? There should be a Electronics-TM moving to a different store on the 31st, but I find it strange they didn't pick me up for any schedules even after they've moved.

I also believe that maybe they are waiting for my 90 days to be up as well.

I'm sure it's just paranoia, but I just don't want to be baited into a fruit I won't be able to catch, as it would be better for be to move on to other career opportunities than deal with the frustration of being taken advantage of without telling me what will actually happen, as it is discouraging, and disrespectful to the form I carry myself in.
my etl wanted me past a cashier in my 90. i was identified as potential service desk back when we were a lot more selective. basically after being trained you can't call over the gstl/gsa. it took me covering a guest service shift on the swap shift before i got to be over there. hey can i get my training shifts? don't have hours. i always thought they were trying their best, and never pushed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back