Archived Getting Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are under the 90 days, any call outs or ncns are grounds for termination. If your one day ncns and the next showing up, it makes it extremely hard to fire you so just quit or stop not showing up to work. If you do 3 ncns in a row, straight up termination.

I called in a couple of weeks ago and I did a NCNS last week. I did call but they are counting it as a NCNS. I want to call in this week again

That kind of escalated quickly from your previous thread 😳
You don’t know how much I hate target and how much I don’t want to be there. I’ve called in acouple of weeks ago and last week I did a “NCNS “ I did call in but they did not rely my message to the Etls.

Target kills me with this stufff. It has to be the most lax attendance policy in the country. You can just not show up or call off because you don't feel like working repeatedly and not only are they not supposed to use it against you when scheduling, but they have to jump through hoops to terminate you. Ridiculous.

OP, if you hate Target get a a different job. If you know in advance that you don't want to work a shift, don't wait to call out. Put it on swap so a TM who wants to work more (and there are plenty with the current hour cuts) can take it and get some bread.

Target kills me with this stufff. It has to be the most lax attendance policy in the country. You can just not show up or call off because you don't feel like working repeatedly and not only are they not supposed to use it against you when scheduling, but they have to jump through hoops to terminate you. Ridiculous.
Honestly!!!! We have had people walk out mid shift and they’re just like, “okay. hopefully they come back in for their shift tomorrow.” like what!!!!! Get rid of them.

Honestly!!!! We have had people walk out mid shift and they’re just like, “okay. hopefully they come back in for their shift tomorrow.” like what!!!!! Get rid of them.

I don't think I've seen that at my store. But, we've had people call in and then come into the store to shop during their scheduled shift. That's giving zero fucks and having absolute confidence that nothing is going to happen to you. It's crazy.

You don’t know how much I hate target and how much I don’t want to be there. I’ve called in acouple of weeks ago and last week I did a “NCNS “ I did call in but they did not rely my message to the Etls.
just stop showing up then? I’m not sure what the issue is

I don't think I've seen that at my store. But, we've had people call in and then come into the store to shop during their scheduled shift. That's giving zero fucks and having absolute confidence that nothing is going to happen to you. It's crazy.
I've done that but had been at the emergency room earlier that morning when my shift started with a tooth abscess. My etl was confused as to why I didn't work, and I was like "my mouth was bleeding and had pus, I went to the emergency room". That's when we use to get a discount on medicine so damn right I'm going to come shop and get it.

OP, if you hate Target get a a different job. If you know in advance that you don't want to work a shift, don't wait to call out. Put it on swap so a TM who wants to work more (and there are plenty with the current hour cuts) can take it and get some bread.

I rarely think to myself target needs to be more strict on something, but I totally agree. Calling off because your sick? Sure, no problem. Calling off once every week because you don't wanna go outside since it's cold out? Fuck off, get scheduled 5 hours a week lol.

I've done that but had been at the emergency room earlier that morning when my shift started with a tooth abscess. My etl was confused as to why I didn't work, and I was like "my mouth was bleeding and had pus, I went to the emergency room". That's when we use to get a discount on medicine so damn right I'm going to come shop and get it.

Emergenices are obviously different. I'm just talking about ordinary shopping. On day last week, we had the opening GSA, cashier, SCO and service desk attendant all call in. I was the only person scheduled at the front end who showed up and since I was scheduled for OPU I'm not really front end. HR scrambled and eventually got replacements in. The opening GSA came in to do her regular shopping. Attracted many if looks could kill glares, but obviously gave zero fucks.

If you don't like Target, then find something else and move on.

Every store has its own store politics and drama. Its knowing how not to get involved or let it bug you.

If you don't like cashier, then tell your TL or ETL but be polite. If you are standing around waiting for something to happen then your not doing something right.

IMExp. all the Front End positions were great.

Last edited:
I've seen that one at my store. It's the most annoying thing ever, especially since we were down 4 cashiers the day the TM did this.🙄

For all those that are telling the OP to leave, I'm certain the OP is trying to get fired in hopes of getting unemployment, rather than just quit.

OP, if you get fired for cause, you don't get unemployment. Financially it's the same as voluntarily quitting.

For all those that say Target has a lax attendance policy, I agree because I call out a fair amount, a lot for good reason, definitely some for bad reason, and since everyone else is the same I have herd protection.

For all those that are telling the OP to leave, I'm certain the OP is trying to get fired in hopes of getting unemployment, rather than just quit.

OP, if you get fired for cause, you don't get unemployment. Financially it's the same as voluntarily quitting.

Possibly. OP also posted the "Can't do this anymore" thread, where they said they gave a 6 week notice so they could use up vacation and sick time. Pretty sure you don't get those either if you're fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back