Archived Getting my Paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek93

Cashier
So I have yet another n00b question. What do I need to pick up my check if my Direct Deposit isn't quite set up? I know where to go in the store, but what will they need on my end?

It can be through ehr. All you need bank, routing numbers, bank name. Your hr should have the paper ck.

If you're picking up a check, they'll ask you to sign a sheet saying you received your check. Since they probably don't know you too well at the fitting room and TSC, they might ask you for ID (but they won't need to scan it lol). I'm not sure how direct deposit works, though, because I don't have it.

Mine was screwy when I got it set up through eHR, so 20% is being deposited in my savings automatically, but 80% is being issued to me as a check for at least this pay period. My Clerical told me that it should be fiexed by the next pay week, so we'll see. Thanks once again for all the help :)

@mrknownothing:
If you want to set up direct deposit, get a blank check (or deposit slip), log on to eHR & go to direct deposit. You'll need the routing numbers on the bottom of your check/dep slip to enter. It also gives you options if you want to route part of it to one acct & part to another (ie: savings). Then all you pick up is a paycheck stub which will list all your deductions, witholding, vac/ph, etc or you can go paperless & view all the info on eHR under "pay statement".
It's nice to have direct dep during inclement weather, holidays, etc.

Costco is doing all direct Deposit and online pay stubs. They are no longer issuing paper checks or pay stubs to its employees. Helps cut back a little. Bad for people like my grandfather who knows nothing about computers :p

@mrknownothing:
If you want to set up direct deposit, get a blank check (or deposit slip), log on to eHR & go to direct deposit. You'll need the routing numbers on the bottom of your check/dep slip to enter. It also gives you options if you want to route part of it to one acct & part to another (ie: savings). Then all you pick up is a paycheck stub which will list all your deductions, witholding, vac/ph, etc or you can go paperless & view all the info on eHR under "pay statement".
It's nice to have direct dep during inclement weather, holidays, etc.

Thanks! I'll have to remember that. I tried to set it up at my other job and it didn't work, so I guess I just didn't feel like bothering with it this time.

You can actually pull it up on eHR the Tues or Wed before just to see how much you'll get but it doesn't hit the acct 'til midnight Thurs.

You can also go paperless with your direct deposit. I usually check mine at eHR for the amount.

I didn't realize you could send part of your paycheck to savings & part to checking. Could I send part to an IRA with my bank? Think I need to check into this when I return to work tomorrow.

Depending on your Ira, it is suggested not to exceed 5k payments on it. That way you can take it off your taxes.

Depending on your Ira, it is suggested not to exceed 5k payments on it. That way you can take it off your taxes.

You can't put in more than $5,000 a year in an IRA ($6,000 if you are 50 or older). The type of IRA (Roth or Traditional) determines whether you contribute with pre-tax money (traditional, like your 401k) or with after-tax money (Roth). If you plan on making more money at retirement than you do now (very likely for us working here), choose Roth.

The law had changed on Roth for folks under 50. I had to pay tax on 2010 year.

Right, thats what I said, that is how all Roth accounts (Roth IRA or Roth 401k) have always worked. You contribute money that has already been taxed. Your 401k right now is probably a traditional one, so you contribute money before tax is deducted from it.

Roth has the advantage of letting you withdraw your principal contributions at any time without penalty (the government doesn't care, you already paid the taxes on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back