Archived Getting past a Final Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a difference between saying fuck under your breath and saying "fuck you" to someone to their face. I say "fuck or shit I got bad luck" a lot at Target when I'm pissed.

When I was a bit stupider, I was walking in the backroom with two other TMs and said "Man, [TL] can suck it!" Needless to say, he was around the corner and looked through steel to see who said it. The look on my face must have been priceless. I think I was on a final and I was so scared that was gonna be the final nail in the coffin. Nothing happened though.

One time I also had a horrible day and was called up for backup for the 78447th time. I didn't scan something correctly and said "Sorry, I'm not usually a cashier." Woman with a friend asked "Oh, where do you work?" "Food section" "How do you like it?" "Truthfully, I hate this company. There's too much work; not enough pay... [blah blah blah]. Our motto is fast fun and friendly and that's farther from the truth."

"Oh well, I'm an HR manager from the group" as she hands me her discount card. Jaw meet floor.

"Well, at least you were honest." Nothing ever happened.

When I was a bit stupider, I was walking in the backroom with two other TMs and said "Man, [TL] can suck it!" Needless to say, he was around the corner and looked through steel to see who said it. The look on my face must have been priceless. I think I was on a final and I was so scared that was gonna be the final nail in the coffin. Nothing happened though.

One time I also had a horrible day and was called up for backup for the 78447th time. I didn't scan something correctly and said "Sorry, I'm not usually a cashier." Woman with a friend asked "Oh, where do you work?" "Food section" "How do you like it?" "Truthfully, I hate this company. There's too much work; not enough pay... [blah blah blah]. Our motto is fast fun and friendly and that's farther from the truth."

"Oh well, I'm an HR manager from the group" as she hands me her discount card. Jaw meet floor.

"Well, at least you were honest." Nothing ever happened.

Translation: She felt the exact same way about her job. Haha.

Been there done that. Lol.

I was on the front end. And the GSTL told me to do something.. "because ETL-HR told her to have me do it". I basically said "ugh, whatever. Have her do it. I'm not doing that f****** shit" to myself as HR walked right behind me. Her mouth was on the floor. I never got a write up, just a talking to. Now whenever I mouth off I double check to see if there's any snitches or guests around. Lol.

Another time during a visit I said "Jeez, (DTL) drives me nuts. They're always nagging us to do something we don't have the payroll to do. What do they think I do, shoot miracles out my rear end?" Guess who was behind me? Hahaha

I didn't get in trouble for that one either. I am fairly liked by management because I get the job done fast and accurate, and usually with a smile on my face.. but I have my moments of, inopportune ramblings

@Flabbergasted if you never signed a paper, you aren't on final. There is no way for them to have put you on final without you signing anything.

I NCNS one time (never called out in my time here.. 7 years) and they told me it was a Final. I was so miserable. I think my TL "lost" the paperwork.. I never signed or was given anything

I have also uttered expletives without thinking while zoning the freezers (usually happens with the Lean Cuisines) perfectly and someone messing up the section I just did. I then realize it and nervously look around.

I've made it through my final warning; even got a raise the year it ended! TL fought for me to get an IE instead of the default U. I don't think anyone had a Target on my back though and management knew what I was going through, even if I was acting like a complete whackjob and bringing my drama to work.

I just want to post again to reiterate that I never was given this Final. Since I'm on my last week with this store, I am really happy to say I am leaving on completely good terms. I'm glad HR wasn't able to get away with this.

i feel lucky, my whole store is straight foul mouthed lol, even half the etls lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back