Archived Getting Threatened by GSTL and LOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedancingb19

Do you wanna be?
Is it normal for LOD and GSTLs to threaten front end staff with termination if they don't get a red card that day? It's happening frequently at my store and it's definitely not making me feel wanted. Like I'm sorry I can't force someone to sign up for a credit or debit card. And the people it seems to be happening to is the college kids.

Snap their twigs like a neck. Wait. I think I have it wrong.

Are they actually saying these things, or are they insinuating them? There's a very big difference.

If they're asking every guest, they're not SUPPOSED to be able to but that won't stop them from trying to performance someone out.
They can make it unbearable by giving them crap shifts, scheduling outside their avail, cutting hours, changing schedules on them last minute, etc.

IF they are threatening someone with termination and the person is asking every guest about the red card....then speak with your Hr ETL. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them...call the hotline .

Snap their twigs like a neck. Wait. I think I have it wrong.

Are they actually saying these things, or are they insinuating them? There's a very big difference.
Oh no they're actually saying thsee things. It's just two people saying it though. And it usually happens during the check-in.

IF they are threatening someone with termination and the person is asking every guest about the red card....then speak with your Hr ETL. If you don't feel comfortable talking to them...call the hotline .

I have spoken to HR but honestly our HR ETL spot is like a revolving door. They don't usually last more than a week and the one that I spoke to just left. So as of now we don't have one....

There are a few buzzwords you can drop to get things moving if you're actually feeling uncomfortable

You're being singled out - You actually ask everybody, just like your peers, but for some reason you're the only one being talked to

Coached on-stage - These conversations have happened in front of guests, in front of peers. Guests have commented on them, peers have commented on them. Not brand at all.

Termination mentioned without any kind of corrective action - There are very few behaviors that result in an instant termination. Redcards are not one of them. If you can link a coaching with a leader mentioning "termination" with more than one person backing you up, you probably have a hotline call on your hands. Termination conversations are reserved for final written warnings.

But these have to be clear cut, to the letter, conversations between your leaders and staff. Saying things like "You need to get redcards, or I don't know what corporate will do" or "I need you to hit this goal or I'll have to mention you as not meeting daily goals on our conference call" don't count. Your leader needs to say "If you do not get 5 redcards, you will not have a job" or similar.

There are a few buzzwords you can drop to get things moving if you're actually feeling uncomfortable

You're being singled out - You actually ask everybody, just like your peers, but for some reason you're the only one being talked to

Coached on-stage - These conversations have happened in front of guests, in front of peers. Guests have commented on them, peers have commented on them. Not brand at all.

Termination mentioned without any kind of corrective action - There are very few behaviors that result in an instant termination. Redcards are not one of them. If you can link a coaching with a leader mentioning "termination" with more than one person backing you up, you probably have a hotline call on your hands. Termination conversations are reserved for final written warnings.

But these have to be clear cut, to the letter, conversations between your leaders and staff. Saying things like "You need to get redcards, or I don't know what corporate will do" or "I need you to hit this goal or I'll have to mention you as not meeting daily goals on our conference call" don't count. Your leader needs to say "If you do not get 5 redcards, you will not have a job" or similar.
You can mention termination in a coaching conversation. You have to tell them that if their performance doesn't improve it could lead to further corrective action up to and including termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back