Archived Getting un-rightfully terminated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying, if they did a two-week investigation, checking security cameras and everything, they could have said something about anything instead of dropping the hammer instantly.

If you have time to correct the punch before you are paid and they fire you anyways, in some states you are then eligible for unemployment because you fixed it before you benefitted. Same with if you were union, I have been forced, in previous jobs, to give someone their job back because they never benefitted from lying (that time.)

I'm just saying, if they did a two-week investigation, checking security cameras and everything, they could have said something about anything instead of dropping the hammer instantly.
Oh, so sorry for you that they didn’t give you the heads up that they were checking if you lied that you were working when you weren’t even there.
Punch corrections are legal documents not to be taken lightly. Before submitting you must confirm that you are SURE the information is correct, it reminds you that an inaccuracy COULD lead to TERMINATION before you submit. It is really too bad you didn’t head that warning, but sweetie, you must take responsibility.
You absolutely have NO ONE to blame here but yourself.......not wrongful, not their fault, no one needed to say something, no one needed to remind you.
So yes, it is over, you have NO options. I’m sorry if you were a good employee but no company will pay for no work. You are non-rehireable at Target.
Happy trails story time. Sorry to be harsh but maybe someone else can learn from your mistake.

If you have time to correct the punch before you are paid and they fire you anyways, in some states you are then eligible for unemployment because you fixed it before you benefitted. Same with if you were union, I have been forced, in previous jobs, to give someone their job back because they never benefitted from lying (that time.)
OP is either not from one of those states or that was why the investigation waited the 2 weeks, til the paycheck was cashed and it was too late to “fix” as they already benefited from the lie/inaccurate punch.

No need to be so harsh. Accidents happen, not everything is intentional.

Again, if you and the rest of the store have often been given filled out punch corrections to sign, do you really pause all your workload, jump in front of the computer and track down the day? Or do you trust the HRTM to be accurate in how they carry out their duties?

Again, if you and the rest of the store have often been given filled out punch corrections to sign, do you really pause all your workload, jump in front of the computer and track down the day? Or do you trust the HRTM to be accurate in how they carry out their duties?
At my store we go into the computer to correct our own punches. There's a missed punch list posted every day with a note that says in bold letters to please fix your punches.

And I absolutely would make sure what I was signing was accurate. I don't want to commit fraud and I don't want to get shorted either, so I'm making sure things are right before I sign anything.

No, I don't trust ANYONE to watch MY back for me. If I'm signing something, I'm verifying it. The HR TM needs to only care that the correction is made, it is up to the TM making it to care if it is ACCURATE .

I apologize for being harsh, but really, too many people don't take responsibility for their actions.
Ex: pregnancy is NOT caught like a cold, it is a result of actions. Too many girls "find" themselves pregnant (when they don't want to be), like they're surprised and it's not their own fault.

There are Consequences to every choice, action, decision you make in life. OP decided to NOT choose due diligence and verify, we all found out the consequences, as sad as they are.

Remember too: would NOT have been an issue EVER if OP punched when required to begin with !

No, I don't trust ANYONE to watch MY back for me. If I'm signing something, I'm verifying it. The HR TM needs to only care that the correction is made, it is up to the TM making it to care if it is ACCURATE .

I apologize for being harsh, but really, too many people don't take responsibility for their actions.
Ex: pregnancy is NOT caught like a cold, it is a result of actions. Too many girls "find" themselves pregnant (when they don't want to be), like they're surprised and it's not their own fault.

There are Consequences to every choice, action, decision you make in life. OP decided to NOT choose due diligence and verify, we all found out the consequences, as sad as they are.

Remember too: would NOT have been an issue EVER if OP punched when required to begin with !
Plus, if you reread the OP, the TM says that he wrote down 4:30, assuming it was a regular day and not the day he left two hours early. So it wasn't just a case of signing off on something, he wrote down the time.

I'm sure OP is a stand-up guy and it sucks that this happened, but I guess the only thing to do is consider it a lesson learned.

At Target no termination is “unrightfully” . Everything is double checked that they indeed have the “right” and that there is a paper trail, that YOU signed, to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back